When one thinks of the standard headset of 10 years ago, a lot has changed over the years. By choosing one of our editor’s choices of the top 15 best Bluetooth headsets in 2017, you will receive modern devices with outstanding features.
These headsets designed with stereo surround sound to enjoy listening to music and make/receive calls while on the go. You can still find some mono headsets available online. However, many of them are no-name brands from years ago.
With us, you will find the best Bluetooth headsets reviewed giving you freedom of use to answer calls and enjoy your favorite music tracks with amazing technology features. Each one is unique featuring microphones and control buttons.
Are you considering buying a Bluetooth Headset?
Learn more about the Bluetooth headset before buying one
Years, ago the Bluetooth headset was one of the renowned devices available on the market. You would see every 2nd person wearing one over his or her ear. Over the years, technology has changed picking the best Bluetooth headset is not that simple anymore.
This is a challenging task! All the models available online are not the same, and the most important part of buying one is the fit and feel of the product. You need a comfortable headset that can fit comfortably around your ear while used throughout the day.
For the executive, this is crucial, as you cannot afford to miss that important call. Not only must this tool be comfortable it needs to be perfect in all ways from the sound quality, style, design, additional features to the battery life.
Using a Bluetooth headset is not only limited to executives that need them for answering calls – there designed for the motorist to help them enjoy hands-free calls. They help with keeping you safe while traveling by road, as there is no need of removing your hands from the steering wheel to answer an urgent call.
How do they work?
There are two important factors to consider when buying the best Bluetooth headset – noise cancellation and the quality of sound. These headsets work by wirelessly connecting to your mobile device. The signals transmitted from your phone’s microphone and receiver to the earpiece. The headset consists of a microphone and audio driver that wirelessly communicates the audio information with your mobile device.
The Bluetooth receiver has controls on the earpiece allowing you to receive calls and can incorporate voice commands as well. This characteristic helps you to dial contacts or dictate text messages without the need of touching your phone.
The latest designs have noise canceling and a wideband frequency range. The majority of single headsets is monaural, fits on one ear, and consists of one driver. Some of the reviewed Bluetooth headsets here have some amazing features that allow you to enjoy the freedom of listening to music and hands-free calls.
Best Bluetooth Headsets Comparisons
Review of Best Bluetooth Headsets in 2017
For Supreme Audio Clarity and All-day Comfort
1. Plantronics Voyager Legend
As a motorist and executive, you want to enjoy the audio clarity and all-day comfort! With the Plantronics Voyager Legend, you can achieve this.
Be Amazed by the Unique Design
The Voyager Legend has a combination of triple-microphones that helps to cancel out noise when outdoors. Designed with voice commands and Smart Sensor technology it understands when you want to talk. The built-in sensors react once you place the headset on and allow you to take a call quickly. Check the battery level, your connecting status and more by tapping the voice command button.
- The Voyager Legends available in the color Black
- With the Signature Plantronics audio technology, the headset uses Bluetooth 3.0
- With the Smart Sensor Technology, the device senses when you wear the headset and automatically answers calls – once removed it automatically redirects the audio to your phone
- Designed with voice recognition to manage your hands-free calls as it has Plantronics voice recognition technology – you just answer or ignore
- Has noise canceling with the triple mic technology that helps block our background noise and separates your voice from background noise from 80 DB
- The headset has a P2i nano-coating to protect the device from water if you are caught in the rain or sweating it out in the gym
- Easily connects to your Smartphone and tablet
- Designed with WindSmart technology that gives the device three layers of wind protection
- For a natural voice sound, it has DSP (Digital Signal Processing) and can even be used over a PC telephony
- Listening comfort, it has SoundGuard technology
- For displaying the battery meter, you can use it with the MyHeadset app and gives you up to 7-hours talk time
- With the A2DP you can even stream music, get GPS direction, and listen to podcasts
- Charging is super quick and easy as it has a magnetic connection with standard USB connection
- Included in the box, you receive the Bluetooth headset, a USB charging cable, a wall charger, 3 x foam covers, 3 x ear tips and a user guide
- The warranty on the device is one-year
- Directs calls to your phone automatically once placed on your ear
- Announces your incoming calls
- Easy to use as it has separate buttons for the power, volume and mute
- Can monitor the battery level on your Android or iPhone
- The Legend has a smooth boom that prevents it from getting damaged
- Lightweight and comfortable over the ear
- Has an excellent battery life
- The ear gels do not fit snug in the ear
- You need a special cable or charging case to charge the device
A Bluetooth Headset with Industry Leading Noise Canceling
2. The Jawbone ERA
The Jawbone ERA is an industry leading noise canceling Bluetooth headset that has military-grade NoiseAssasin 3.0.
The Jawbone ERA headset cancels out background noise and auto-adjusts inbound calls according to your surroundings. Listen to calls, music, and videos while on the go with the 10mm wideband speaker. With the ERA, you have total control with the built-in accelerometer and MotionX technology.
- For clear communication, the Jawbone ERA Shadowbox headset has NoiseAssasin 3.0 functionality to block out surrounding noises
- Designed with a 25% larger wideband speaker to listen to HD audio when paired with your phone
- Has a built-in accelerometer and MotionX technology to pair with your mobile device
- ERA pairs easily to most mobile devices and is integrated with the MyTalk platform to personalize your experience when using the device
- View the Jawbone battery life automatically on your phone as it gives you up to 5-hours talk time and ten days of standby time
- For the iPhone, it includes free voice communication to send voice messages to friends and family without the need for typing text
- Included with the Bluetooth headset you receive 4 x spout earbuds, 4 x round earbuds, a micro USB cable, carry case, operating instructions, AC wall adapter and the binaural earloop
- The headset is made from PET plastic, and the package consists of recycled material
- For ease of use, the device has a micro USB port, talk button, built-in accelerometer, on/off switch and VAS (voice activity sensor)
- Pairs to mobile devices via the Bluetooth 2.1 and has A2DP (advanced audio distribution profile, a hands-free profile and headset profile
- Can handle up to two live audio connections simultaneously
- The Jawbone ERA has a one-year limited warranty
- The sound is louder, and voices sound more natural
- Has improved ear tips for a secure fit and comfortable
- The “tap-tap” feature for answering and ending calls is slick
- The MyTalk site is superb and allows you to make dozens of setting there for your headset
- Both the mono and stereo sound works perfectly
- Excellent at reducing background noises
- The USB charging cable is very short
- The headset range is very limited
Get on the Edge with this Amazing Bluetooth Headset
3. The Plantronics Voyager Edge
The Plantronics Voyager Edge will get you on edge, as it is one of the best Bluetooth Headsets available compared to our two previous models.
The Voyager Edge has a powerful design for those of you that have a non-stop life. With the slim and lightweight device, it fits comfortably in your ear to abolish disrupting surrounding noises. The responsive features help keep you on the move while the charging case keeps the headset ready at all times.
- Compared to the Voyager Legend the Edge uses enhanced voice clarity Bluetooth 4.0 and supports wideband
- With the Smart Sensor Technology, it senses when the headset is placed on the ear and automatically receives calls
- The headset manages calls for hands-free use with the voice recognition technology all you need to do say “Answer or Ignore.”
- If you are not sure where you have placed the headset you can use the FIND MYHEADSET on your mobile device to locate it
- With the Edge, you receive three additional ear tips for a comfortable fit
- Stay connected for longer with the wireless charging case that gives you up to 10 extra hours of talk time
- When the device is fully charged, you get up to 16-hours talk time
- Connect to the Plantronics App and simply your headset with your personal touch
- Receive the Voyager Edge, car charger, micro USB cable, clip-on earloop, user guide, charging case with the rechargeable battery and the silicone ear tips
- The warranty varies from one to two years
- The HD sound is great, and you can hear people well
- Automatically interacts and connects to your phone
- Announces the caller’s name
- Has a long battery life
- Interacts with Siri
- Is a flashy device and has a great compact size
- The NFC allows for easy pairing
- The buttons are great
- The Plantronics Hub App is superb
- Noise canceling is not great
- The charging case is a bit on the bulky side
From the Office to the Gym
4. Jabra Motion Bluetooth Headset
Travel from the office to the gym with the Jabra Motion Bluetooth Headset.
A Design Packed with the Latest Technology
The Jabra Motion has a built-in motion sensor with highly developed microphones that adapts to your surroundings. Stay focused, as the device is easy to pair and has NFC technology and only needs a tap to connect. When you are busy, and in need of receiving a call the voice recognition control helps you to answer or reject a call.
- Designed with motion sensor intelligence to adjust the volume according to your background surroundings
- Automatically answers calls when picked up and consists of a power saving mode
- Has a discerning flip-boom with wind-noise protection
- Designed with Noise Blackout technology and you can personalize it by adjusting the height or rotating the earbud to wear left or right and includes multiple ear gels
- Use it to listen to multimedia, music, GPS or internet radio as it is A2DP
- Pairs easily with your mobile devices with the NFC technology
- In the box, you get the headset, one USB cable, a car charger, two extra ear gels, a user guide, warranty card and registration paper
- You get up to 7-hours of talk time and 15 days standby time
- Has a 300 feet range
- Has a one-year warranty
- Audio quality is not too bad, and the noise cancellation is great even better than the Legend
- The dedicated mute button is a big help
- Uses a micro USB charging so no need of using an adapter or a travel case
- The eargel does not fit securely in the ear
- Not as durable compared to the Legend as the rubbery top half dislodges from the center piece
When Life Gets a Little Noisy Choose The
5. VXi BlueParrott Reveal
With the VXi BlueParrott Reveal, you can take care of life when it gets a little noisy!
Has an Extendable Boom Design
With the VXi, there is no concern of background noise when used, as it has an extendable boom design with noise-canceling. This helps for a better natural sound when having a discussion with colleagues and friends.
- Designed with an ANC microphone that eradicates ambient noise up to 90%
- Designed with an extendable boom that slides out
- Has a strong wideband audio output for the best sound
- Stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled devices with the A2DP
- Connect to two different devices at the same time
- Has Near Field Communication (NFC) for instant pairing
- Gives you up to 7-hours talk time and 150-hours standby
- Can upgrade the firmware for free on the VXi website
- Includes a choice of ear buds and ear hooks and a carrying case
- Has a one-year limited warranty
- Your voice is crystal clear when speaking over the headset
- Receiving calls is clear
- Has a good battery life
- Excellent sound quality when listening to music
- Noise canceling works well
- Battery chargers fast
- The ear gel even when using the ear hook it feels loose in the ear
- There is no battery level indicator present
Go into Stealth Mode with this Marvelous Headset
6. The Jabra Stealth
The Jabra Stealth is the next generation Bluetooth headphone incorporating a microPower battery for longer talk time.
Small and Lightweight Design
For a small and lightweight device, the Stealth is one of the best Bluetooth Headsets available. With this earpiece, you have access to Google Now and Siri as it is available at your fingertips without using your phone.
- Gives you remote access to Google Now and Siri with the tap of the dedicated button on the earpiece
- Has a small and lightweight design with microPower technology
- With the Jabra Assist app, you can locate your headset by using the GPS tracking
- Designed with HD Voice, Noise Blackout, and A2DP
- With the NFC and Multiuse to pair with two devices connecting via the Bluetooth is super easy
- Gives you up to 6-hours talk time and has a PowerNap function to save battery use
- Designed with a dedicated mute button
- Has a 12-month warranty
- Is a reliable device
- Has a loud enough volume with crystal clear sound
- Reduces wind noise
- Superb battery life use
- Gives you several options to wear the device
- The volume of the caller id is lower than the caller’s voice
- Poor ear gel design making the device uncomfortable to wear for long hours
A Premium Earpiece
7. The BlueAnt Q3
The BlueAnt Q3 is a premium earpiece that uses the latest Bluetooth silicon for comfort and style.
Designed with Dual Microphones and Custom-tuned Speaker Drivers
The BlueAnt Q3 features twice the bandwidth compared to other devices. For incomparable call performance, the headset has custom-tuned speaker drivers and double microphone. Furthermore, it has a combination of noise reduction and wind armor technology.
- Has custom-tunes speaker drivers and dual microphones
- Designed with noise reduction, echo cancellation, and wind armor technology
- Has a conference mode built into the earpiece
- With the touch of a button, you can answer, hold, end or merge calls
- Has incoming call notification, voice answer, and voice dial
- Has an on-screen battery meter when using an iPhone
- Get access to Google Now and Siri
- Includes in the box you receive the headset, stabilizing ear gels, two by ear buds, an ear hook, AC adapter, user guide, USB cable and a warranty card
- You get a one-year limited warranty with your purchase
- Get up to 7-hours talk time and 180-hours standby time
- Cranks up the volume on the receiving side
- Super clear sound on both receiving and transmitting
- Pairs quickly with your phone
- Impressive battery life use
- You fight with the charging connector to get it to stay in and a poor design flaw
- Does not take calls half of the time
Find the Perfect Fit With The
8. Motorola Elite Silver II
With the Motorola Silver, you can find the perfect fit as it allows you to adjust the stem in the ear.
Comfortable Fit Design
Even while the Silver headset has a comfortable fit, it also has the next level of Bluetooth audio with a CrystalTalk tri-mic for HD audio and speech. Charging the device is easy with the portable charging case and micro USB connector.
- For ease of charging it has a chargeable case to give you additional talk time
- Designed with crystal clear HD audio and up to 5-hour talk time
- The headset has a 12 days standby time
- Connects to all Bluetooth enabled devices
- One year limited warranty
- Great design
- Great sound and reception
- Very delicate and breaks easily
Work Up a Storm with the
9. Jabra Storm
With the Jabra Storm, you can work up a storm while on the go – rated as one of the best Bluetooth Headsets by many users online.
Designed with Power
The Jabra Storm has microPower battery technology and is compact in design. For comfort, it has comfort ear gels for a secure fit while the wind noise blackout and HD voice gives you a clear sound when making and receiving calls.
- The Storm headset has a compact design with microPower technology
- Designed with a comfortable ear gel and wind noise blackout with HD voice for the best sound
- Pairs easily with your Smartphone and other Bluetooth-enabled devices with NFC
- Use it with two devices simultaneously
- Designed with a PowerNap function that gives you up to 9-hours talk time
- Includes extra foam sleeve for background noise reduction
- Designed with a dual microphone
- Control calls with voice control
- One-year limited warranty
- Setting up the Storm is super easy with the NFC
- Pairs with two devices at the same time
- Comfortable to wear for hours
- Perfect sound quality
- Best to buy the OEM package compared to the China ones as the OEM’s work way better
- Does not announce who is calling
- And it cannot get wet
For an Affordable Buy
10. The Motorola Moto
Are you tight on money and in need of the best Bluetooth Headset, look at the Motorola Moto?
With the universal design of the Motorola Moto, you can take hands-free calls and stream music directly from your Smartphone and other mobile devices. With the High-Definition audio sound, you can listen to your MP3 in stereo.
- Has a universal design with HD audio to listen to stereo sound
- Pairs with multitude Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Has noise cancellation to minimize your surrounding sounds
- Designed with a contoured band that rests on the neck with in-ear gels
- Has a wireless range of up to 150 feet to roam freely around the home without the need of having your mobile device with you
- Delivers powerful bass with quality audio sound
- Has easy to use buttons to skip, control volume and more
- Automatically pauses the music when receiving a call
- Has up to 11-hours of battery life and gives you up to 8 days standby time
- One-year limited warranty
- Great sound
- Superb look and fit
- Supports AptX Bluetooth
- The earbud cord is too short
- Does not support connection to more than one device
A Simple One-Button Bluetooth Headset
11. The APIE Bluetooth Headset
If you need something simple to use, the APIE Bluetooth Headset has a unique one-button design.
The APIE is currently a best seller on Amazon and has a unique one-button design to make things simpler. You can enjoy listening to music and taking calls for up to 5-hours plus you can listen to Hi-Fi stereo sound.
- Control the headset by using only one button
- Enjoy up to 5-hours talk time and a 150-hours standby time
- Designed with hands-free and Hi-Fi stereo sound
- It has a built-in HD microphone with a CVC6.0 noise cancellation
- Has the latest Bluetooth to pair with ease to your Smartphone and other devices
- Got a working distance of 33 feet
- Connects to two devices at the same time
- The earbud rotates to multiple angles for a perfect fit
- Works with a 150mAh Li-Ion battery and gives you access to a battery life indicator on your phone
- Answer or reject calls with Siri
- Included in the package, you receive the headset, a micro USB cable, two by earbud tips and a user manual with a one-year limited warranty
- Solid build
- Pairs easily with more than one device
- Great sound on both ends when making a call
- Battery life is amazing
- No signal problems
- Easy to set up and use
A Bluetooth Headset Designed with a Shark like A Magnet
12. The Mpow Jaws
Imagine wearing Jaws on your ear; you can with the Mpow Jaws V4.1 headsets.
The Mpow Bluetooth headsets have a convenient shark-like magnet that attaches to the earplugs when you do not need them. Furthermore, you can enjoy walking outside and listen to music or receive calls with the noise-canceling feature.
- Keep the Mpow Jaws safely stored away with the fitting shark magnets
- Has CVC6.0 noise canceling to filter out background noise
- Pairs with Bluetooth 4.1 with a 33 feet range
- Made with a durable flexible neckband
- Powered by a rechargeable battery that gives you up to 13-hours talk time and 350-hours standby time
- Designed with one-touch control
- 18-month Warranty
- Has a good English manual to help you out
- No trouble when pairing the headset with your phone
- Excellent sound and style
- Voice prompts are great
- The earbuds fit nicely
- The magnets for the earbuds are strong
- The earbuds stopped working with one client, but luckily Mpow had an excellent customer service and replaced the headset
For Innovative Pure Sound
13. The SoundPEATS
For innovative pure sound, you need the SoundPEATS to keep you going while driving or commuting to work.
A Comfortable and Secure Design
The SoundPEATS has a comfortable and secure design with the included ear tips and two different ear hooks. The ear hooks specially made to prevent them from falling out.
- The SoundPEATS are IPX4-rated making this headset suitable to use for workouts as it is sweat resistant
- With the Bluetooth 4.0, you can connect to two different mobile devices at the same time
- Designed with adopted CVC 6.0 noise canceling and HD stereo
- Enjoy up to 5-hours music time, 6-hours talk time and 145-hours standby time
- Includes ear tips and two ear hooks and a one-year warranty
- Great bass sound
- Perfect fit
- Sweat resistant
- Controls are simple to use
- Has a heavy weight and some minor issues with it staying in the ear
An Affordable Headset that Supports A2DP
14. The Ansion K6
If you are on a tight budget and in need of the best Bluetooth Headset to enjoy listening to music as well, the Ansion K6 has A2DP included.
Enjoy traveling to work with the Ansion K6 on your ears and never miss a call with the Bluetooth 4.0 pairing and wireless transmission up 33 feet. There is no concern of background noise interruptions as the K6 has ambient noise canceling.
- Make a stable connection with the Bluetooth 4.0 technology with a range up to 33 feet and supports A2DP
- The headphone with mic has CVC 6.0 noise canceling to block out ambient noise
- For comfort, it came with three different sized earbuds and designed with an 180° flip
- Can pair simultaneously with two devices
- Get up to 6-hous talk time, 5-hours music time and 240-hours standby time
- Compatible with in-car navigation system
- Features APT-X + EDR audio decode tech for a great bass sound
- One-year limited warranty
- Pairs easily with other devices
- Comfortable to wear
- Battery life is great
- Transmits your voice clearly
- The mic picks up your voice well
- Does not shut off automatically with inactivity
An Ergo-Fit In-ear Headphone
15. The Panasonic RP-HJE120-PPK
For a perfect fit, the Panasonic RP-HJE120-PPK has an ergo-fit in-ear design.
The Panasonic RP-HJE120-PPK gives you the ultimate style in earphones and available in a multitude of color designs. Included with your purchase, you receive three pairs of earpads and have 9mm neodymium drivers for crystal-clear sound.
- Available in nine different colors
- Designed with ultra-soft ergo-fit in-ear earbuds that conform to the ear
- Has a long 3.6-foot cord
- One-year limited warranty
- Impressive sound
- Ergo design is great and comfortable
- Available in nine stylish colors
- Nice and flat bass response
- Panasonic is not very forthcoming on how to wear the earbuds
- Not made to block out ambient noise
If you do have a busy lifestyle and need to enjoy listening to music or respond to calls while driving, our top 15 best Bluetooth Headsets in 2017 is the best way to go. Each one designed to cancel out ambient noise, answer calls and you can enjoy listening to music with them. We are sure that you will find a suitable pair to fit in with your lifestyle and needs. There are two standout headsets packed with amazing features the Voyager Legends packed with superb features and the APIE for the best comfortable fit and currently a best seller.