How many times have your kids used your headphones when you need them? Many times, choose one of our editor’s choices of the top 10 Best Kid Headphones in 2019 making sure your headphones left alone for you to use.
Not only will they leave your expensive pair of headphones alone, they will have a perfect pair that will not leave them hearing impaired. We have tested some of the top selections in the kid’s headphone range available online.
You can be sure, that you will find only the best ones available here with us. Using the correct headset for your child is important for you and us. These uniquely designed headphones will prevent hear loss, furthermore, who wants to listen to SpongeBob for hours.
- Why Kids Need Their Own Pair of Headphones?
- Kid Headphones are they Safe to Use
- Review on the 10 Best Kid’s Headphones
- A Studio Grade Kid Headphone
- For Safe Audio Choose
- An Over-Ear Studio Headphone
- Kid Headphones That Work With Most Devices
- A Kid Safe Bluetooth Headphone
- A Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphone
- A Closed-Back Headphone for the Teen
- A Basic Kid Safe Headphone
- A Kid Headphone Suitable for the Teenager
- A Kidz Gear Wired Headphone
Why Kids Need Their Own Pair of Headphones?
These days you can buy your child a safe pair of headphones online. Using one, specially designed for your child has a whole lot of benefits:
- They are made specifically for a child’s hearing and gives them a comfortable fit compared to adult ones
- They are essential for parents as you do not want to listen to Alvin or SpongeBob for more than 20-minutes
- They are amazing when you plan an overseas trip and great to keep your kid entertained on long-haul flights
Another great reason in choosing a kid headphone is that they only listen to sound with the recommended noise level of 85 dB (decibels.) Using a pair of adult earphones leaves them listening to their favorite music and movies with a higher decibel recommendation that eventually leads to hearing loss.
Kid Headphones are they Safe to Use
Kid headphones are safe to use, but as a parent, you need to limit the use to at least 2-hours a day. This helps to keep their hearing protected as it limits the volume intake.
Although the WHO (World Health Organization) advice you choose a headset with 85 dB, the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and the US Environmental Protection Agency recommends the use of 70 dB. However, choosing 70dB headphone the sound is quiet and does not keep out ambient noise.
When choosing a pair of headphones it is important that the device needs to be comfortable and gives enough volume limitations to prevent damaging your child’s sensitive ears. Prevent buying in-ear or earbud models as the closer the sound is to your child’s inner ear, the more damage it can cause.
So without further a due, here is our:
Best Kid’s Headphones Comparisons
|Puro Sound Labs||4.4||$100- $150||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The Onanoff Buddy Headphone||3.5||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The JBUDDIES Studio Over Ear Headphone||N/A||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|KIDZ Gear Headphones||4.2||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The Contixo Foldable Bluetooth Headphone||3.8||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The Edifier H650||4.5||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The Steelseries 800 Siberia||3.8||$200-$250||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphone||4.3||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The Sennheiser HD201||4.1||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
|The CH68KG01||4.2||Below $50||Get it now on Amazon.com|
Review on the 10 Best Kid’s Headphones
A Studio Grade Kid Headphone
1. Puro Sound Labs
For a studio kid headphone, the Puro Sound Labs is audiologist approved and is wireless enabled. They are safe for your kid’s hearing and have an amazing sound.
- Has volume limiting ear protection of 85dB
- Has custom dynamic 40mm drivers with Puro Balanced Response sound
- Connects wirelessly with Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Battery life: 18-hours
- Standby time: 200-hours
- Has a lightweight aluminum construction in the earcups and headband
- The ear cushions are soft & supple and block out background noise at 82% of sound at 1 kHz
- Use them wirelessly or use them wired with the 3.5mm auxiliary audio cable with integrated mic
- Available in white and silver
- Warranty: one-year
For Safe Audio Choose
2. The Onanoff Buddy Headphone
You want your child to enjoy listening to music without damaging the eardrums choose the Onanoff Buddy Headphone the best kid’s headphones for listening to safe audio.
- The BuddyPhone includes 5 sets of customizable decorative stickers
- Limited volume: 85dB
- Designed with a bendable housing with adjustable fit and made with hypoallergenic padding
- Has a flat cable and prevents tangles
- Folds away for ease of storage and includes a travel bag
- Designed with a built-in audio splitter so that your kid can share their music with others (can share up to four of these headphones on the same device)
- Works with Apple and Android devices with the 3.5mm gold-plated audio jack
- Recommended for kids aged 2 – 8-years
- Cord is detachable with in-line mic to take calls
- Warranty: 30-day Money Back Guarantee
An Over-Ear Studio Headphone
3. The JBUDDIES Studio Over Ear Headphone
If you have, a child aged three and up, the JBUDDIES Studio over-ear headphone is perfect for listening to music and movies. For comfort, this headphone has a comfortable Eco Leather™ Cushion with a padded headband.
- Made with Eco Leather™ Cushions and the headband is padded for comfort
- Suitable for aged 6 and up
- Designed with built-in volume regulators – 85dB
- Use it with your mobile device – consists of a tangle-free braided nylon cord with in-line mic and a 90° jack
- Adjustable headband for your growing child
- Cloud Foam Cushions
- Foldable design with 40mm drivers
- Frequency: 20 – 20kHz
- Warranty: 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Limited warranty
- Over-ear design
Kid Headphones That Work With Most Devices
4. KIDZ Gear Headphones
If your child enjoys listening to their favorite playlist on different devices, the KIDZ Gear headphone is a great buy. Choose from five different colors: blue, green, orange, pink, and purple.
- An adult stereo headphone made for kids that include a volume limit cable
- Has a circumaural form with stereo output
- Frequency response: 20 Hz
- Sensitivity: 108 dB with a 1.2-inch diaphragm
- Cord length: 4.5-feet
- Headphone jack size: 3.5mm
- 30mm Speakers
- Impedance: 32 OHMS
- Warranty: Lifetime but has a 5-year limit from the discontinued date
A Kid Safe Bluetooth Headphone
5. The Contixo Foldable Bluetooth Headphone
For one of the best kid’s headphones, the Contixo foldable Bluetooth headphone is a safe investment. Designed with kid safe technology and a volume control your child can enjoy listening to music safely. Choose from seven dazzling colors to suit your kid’s lifestyle and needs.
- Available in seven different colors
- Kid safe technology plus an extra volume control
- Connect wireless with the Bluetooth connection
- A stereo earphone with a combo available in a Micro SD card, Audio Input and Output, FM Stereo Radio and hands-free calls
- Suitable for aged 3+
- Compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Made with soft-touch material used for the earpads and headband
- Includes USB charging cable with a 3.5mm cable to listen to the headphone wired or wireless
- Battery life: 10-hours with an 180-hour standby use
- Folds up for ease of transport
- Sound isolation
- Designed with full-range driver and volume limited of 85dB
A Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphone
6. The Edifier H650
With the Edifier H650, your child can enjoy professional audio when listening to their music and movies. For ease of transport, the earphones fold in half making them lightweight to take with you anywhere.
- Designed with 40mm neodymium magnet drivers
- Portable as it folds in half
- Made with soft leather ear-cup and the headbands adjustable
- Designed with a reinforced steel headband
- Works with a 3.5mm headphone jack
- Compatible with the majority of phones and devices
- Warranty: 12-month
A Closed-Back Headphone for the Teen
7. The Steelseries 800 Siberia
For the teen in your life that enjoys listening to music in silence, choose the Steelseries Siberia 800 for clarity and detailed sound.
- Designed with Virtual Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Technology
- Suitable for PC/Mac, PS3/4, Apple TV and Xbox 360
- Has a directional mic that retracts with mute function
- Includes two Lithium Ion batteries
- Has sound share with a volume & menu click wheel
- Made with memory foam cushions and the headband is padded
- With the OLED transmitter, your teen can control important features
- One-year warranty
A Basic Kid Safe Headphone
8. The AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphone
Choose two basic colors blue and green, when buying the AmazonBasics On-Ear headphone. These earphones are comfortable for you three year old to wear and suitable for older children as well.
- On-ear design
- Suitable for kids 3+
- Designed with volume limiting system with a sound output to 94dB
- Has a universal plug and compatible with most devices
No mention of warranty
A Kid Headphone Suitable for the Teenager
9. The Sennheiser HD201
For the teenager, the Sennheiser HD201 is perfect with its smooth silver design and leatherette ear pads. This earphone delivers a powerful sound and has a lightweight over-the-head design.
- Features a stereo rich sound with the comfortable design of leatherette ear pads
- Has a closed design
- Cord length: 3m
- Sealed earcup design made with hypo-allergenic earpads
- Even great to use for studio and DJ session
- Weight: 5.8 oz
- Has a circumaural headphone form
- Stereo output mode
- Frequency response: 21Hz
- Sensitivity: 108Db
- Impedance: 24 OHMS
- Has a gold-plated 3.5mm plug with 6.3mm adapter included
- Two-year warranty
A Kidz Gear Wired Headphone
10. The CH68KG01
The Kidz Gear CH68KG01 wired headphone you can buy seven modern colors. Your kid will enjoy listening to their movies and music as it works with the majority of audio devices and iOS systems.
- Connects to the majority of audio devices
- Custom designed for kids aged 2 years and older
- Includes an independent volume limit cable with the limit of audio making it 20dB lower compared to the recommended decibels
- Suitable for both children and adults
- Includes a 3.5mm jack cable
- Battery life: 10-hours
- Has a built-in volume control knob as well
- 90-day Limited Warranty
- Removable boom mic
- Designed for children aged two-year and older
- Bluetooth 4.0 and has aptX
- Works with most iOS and other devices
Stop your child from using your pair of earphones; buy them a pair of their own. With our Top 10 Best Kid Headphones in 2019, you can find a great pair to keep your child glued to the movie screen without the need of you listening to the same soundtrack for hours on end.