Cordless steam mops have revolutionized the world of cleaning. Can you even remember a world without steam mops? I know I can’t. Heavens bless the Korean lady who came up with the technology to turn the cleaning chore into a breeze. With the new cordless steam mops technology came tens of brands. How can you tell which one to buy? We have gone into the trenches to compile the list of the top 10 best cordless steam mops. We did it so that you don’t have to. Here is the list for your perusal.
- Top 10 Best Cordless Steam Mops in 2020
- 10. Dirt Devil Steam Mop 3-in-1 Versa Steam Cleaner PD20100
- 9. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
- 8. BISSELL Steam Mop Select, Titanium, 94E9T
- 7. Shark Steam Pocket Mop (S3501)
- 6. Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner, Blue
- 5. Bissell 19404 PowerFresh Pet Steam Mop
- 4. Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop, Steam100LRH
- 3. Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- 2. Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
- 1. Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop (4 Mop Pads Included)
Top 10 Best Cordless Steam Mops in 2020
10. Dirt Devil Steam Mop 3-in-1 Versa Steam Cleaner PD20100
The Dirt Devil Cordless Steam Mop is a definite must-have for the average home. It is a high power steam with a 24 lithium stick. Tight, hard-to-reach spaces, and corners will not be a dust camp anymore. This cordless steam mop is lightweight largely because the body is made of light plastic.
- Removable hand-held cleaning this helps to clean hard-to-reach places
- A two-step water re-fill process
- Recyclable microfiber scrubbing pad which can be cleaned severally
- Rotating steer mop which helps in cleaning tight angles.
9. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
The O Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop is a petite but reliable cordless steam mop weighing a meagre 5 pounds. A product of the O Cedar Company, it is loved for its ability to use ordinary tap water. Its beauty lies in the simplicity of the design and use.
- It has a 1550 watt heater making it easier to heat water within 20 seconds
- Fitted with a power regulator to protect floors from damage
- Comes with two recyclable microfiber pads.
8. BISSELL Steam Mop Select, Titanium, 94E9T
The BISSEL Steam Mop Select was designed with hard wood floors in mind. It has a 17 ounce water tank without a filter which means you can’t use hard water with this model. If you must use hard water, be prepared to clean the vents ever so often. This steam mop is restricted to cleaning hard floors only, so no carpets. This is quite disappointing because most homes have hard floors as well as carpets.
- Easy to fill tank can be refilled right from the sink.
- Comes with two interchangeable microfiber mop pads.
- 100% chemical-free cleaning and sanitizing. All you need is tap water.
7. Shark Steam Pocket Mop (S3501)
The mop has a rectangular shaped meaning the cleaning path is large. Swiveling of the head allows working in tight angles easy. Its head flips over allowing use of both sides of the cleaning pad. The Pocket Mop’s water tank holds 15 oz of water and it uses 1200 watts of power. This takes roughly 30 seconds for the steam to be ready.
- Recyclable double-use washing pads that are easy to clean
- Comes with a funnel for filling water to the water tank
- Uses your cleaning motion to automatically release steam while cleaning
- Steam cleans while providing 99.9% sanitization of hard floors.
6. Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop Hard Floor Steam Cleaner, Blue
The Bissell 1940 PowerFresh Steam Mop is for cleaning hard floors only. It is arguably the most powerful of the hard floor steam mops. Works twice as fast as normal hard floor mops. The head is 12.5 inches wide and rectangular which is comparatively big. There is no use of tap water to avoid introducing chemicals into the steam mop. The power cord is 23 feet long, the water tank t holds 15 ounces, and it weigh about 3 kilograms.
- The easy-glide scrubber cuts your cleaning time by half.
- You can customize your steam intensity as you clean using the smart digital steam control device
- Comes with Febreze Disks which leave a clean pleasant scent after cleaning.
5. Bissell 19404 PowerFresh Pet Steam Mop
Bissell 19404 PowerFresh Pet Steam Mop is another formidable steam mop in its category. You should expect clean and germ-free floors after cleaning with this steam mop. The mop pad is bigger than most steam mops and the easy handle makes for tireless gliding. Once you turn it on, wait for 30 seconds for the mop to start generating steam.
- It has revolutionary in-built scrubby microfiber mop pad for cleaning grout and crevices
- The SmartSet Digital Steam Control allows you to choose your preferred steam intensity while cleaning.
4. Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop, Steam100LRH
The Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop is unique in the way it applies dry steam. While the other steam mops tend to leave dampness, the Oreck Steam-It mop leaves no dampness. It has a 25 ft. cord that allows cleaning of a large surface area. The mop pad has a width of 11.5 inches which is relatively big. This means it will cover a larger area in less time. It weighs a measly 10 pounds.
- It has a universal cleaning clip to hold on home towels
- Microfiber pads clean and sanitize without any use of chemicals
- You can set your preferred steam level for optimal cleaning on different surfaces.
3. Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This cordless Stick vacuum mop is manufactured in China and has an 18 volt lithium ion battery. It is recommended for carpets and rugs and its filter can be rinsed if clogged. With an 11 inch head, it covers a comparatively bigger surface areas faster. There is a fitted dirt-cup at the bottom of the steam mop where dust collects. Clients love that the suction on this steam mop does not fade with extended use. It weighs 7.3 lbs. only.
- It has a battery gauge to alert the user of the remaining power
- Comes fitted with a bottom-release dirt cup that collects dirt.
2. Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner
The Hoover FH50150 Carpet Basics Power Scrub was designed for cleaning carpets and upholstery. With an 8 inch hose tool and multi directional brushes its able to clean floors easily. Weighing only 19 lbs. and with a gallon capacity, it makes cleaning easy and fast. It has a 20 feet cord and 10 amperes which makes it easy to clean every bit of the house.
- You can choose between Wash and Rinse clean.
- Comes fitted with an automatic detergent mixing and a DualV Nozzle for efficient cleaning
- It has an impressive two-tank system which keeps clean and dirty water separate.
1. Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop (4 Mop Pads Included)
The Bissell 1132A is without a doubt the best cordless steam mops there is. With just one pass, its cyclonic action vacuum picks up dry debris and cleans wet, sticky messes. It eliminates 99.9% of bacteria. Bissell 1132A utilizes Dry-Tank technology to minimize the build-up of moisture.
- It uses Microban washable pads that absorb dirt and prevent odors
- Ground-breaking Dry-Tank technology makes sure that moisture does not accumulate inside the tank
- There is an in-built empty dirt bin fitted at the bottom to collect dirt while cleaning.
The world of cordless steam mops exploded a couple of years back. With so many choices in the market, it is no small feat to find the right one for you. We hope that we have made the decision a bit easier for you.