Thanks to the existence of a drawing tablet, artists no longer have to go through some issues. For instance, they do not have to carry papers or canvas. In addition to that, no need for a brush. In fact, there is no need to buy various brushes of different thicknesses. With a drawing tablet, you don’t need the brushes and the papers. Equally important, novices, as well as experts, can work with it conveniently. The only problem that may arise is choosing among the many options available in the market. Fortunately, you have come to the right place. Check out a discussion to buy top 10 best drawing tablets in 2021.
You can also check out this: Top 10 Calligraphy Pens in 2021
- Best Drawing Tablet in 2021 – Buy it now!
- Best Drawing Tablets Review | Highly Recommended
- 10. Wacom Bamboo CTL471
- 9. Huion H610PRO
- 8. Turcom TS-6610
- 7. Ugee M708
- 6. Microsoft Surface Pro (5th Gen)
- 5. Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet
- 4. Huion INSPIROY Q11K
- 3. Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet for Mac or PC, Medium, (PTH660) New Model
- 2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7-Inch, 32GB Tablet (Silver, SM-T820NZSAXAR)
- 1. XP-PEN Artist16 Pro 15.6 Inch IPS Drawing Monitor
- How To Use Drawing Tablet and What is its use
- Features of a Drawing Tablet
- Factors to consider when selecting a drawing tablet
- How to connect a drawing tablet to a computer or other devices
- A step by step guide on how to connect a drawing tablet to a computer
- How to use a Graphics Tablet and Pen
- Tips when it comes to using a graphics tablet and the pen
- Reasons why we need to use a drawing tablet
- Related Posts
Best Drawing Tablet in 2021 – Buy it now!
Best Drawing Tablets Review | Highly Recommended
10. Wacom Bamboo CTL471
It is time to take your graphics to a whole new level with this particular drawing tablet that is manufactured by Wacom. Whether you are a Windows or Mac user, it is a piece that will not disappoint. For Windows users, it is compatible with XP SP3, Vista SP2 as well as Windows 7. As for those using MAC, it is ideal for those with 10.5 and above.
It is designed in such a way that you get the highest accuracy possible. It is +/- 0.02 inches which are equivalent to 0.5 mm. The manufacturer has combined two colors namely black and lime which makes the drawing tablet visually appealing. The reputation of the Wacom brand goes far and beyond as far as high quality is concerned.
- Its active area measures 5.8 inches by 3.6 inches
- It has a wide capability when it comes to various operating systems
- It uses Intel Processor
- Connection types include USB Type A and USB Micro
- It measures 8.27 x 5.75 x 0.3 inches
- The weight is 0.53 lb
9. Huion H610PRO
The next drawing tablet that we highly recommend is this one by Huion. It comes with a carrying bag for convenient movement. It is also efficient when it comes to drawing and the results are usually accurate. Its design and features are excellent as discussed below.
First, its texture has a smoothness similar to that of a paper. That ensures your drawing experience is not only natural but also realistic. In fact, it is similar to that of drawing on a real paper. It is also suitable for Windows and Mac users with at least Windows 7 and Mac OS 10.11, respectively. With almost 300 reviews with an average of 4.1 stars, its durability, efficiency, and quality are indisputable.
- Its pen has a pressure sensitivity of 8192
- With up to 8 shortcuts, its operation can’t get any easier
- It has a wide working area measuring 10 by 6.25 inches
- The stylus is not only rechargeable but also weighs 14 grams only
- Its weight is 3.09 pounds only
8. Turcom TS-6610
This is yet another great drawing tablet that can do basically everything. That include signing documents, writing, architectural design, industrial design, and drawing. It is also perfect for sketching, photo editing with photoshop, animation, and Manga. That’s why it is ideal for graphic designers, students as well as artists.
Its design ensures that you feel comfortable as if you are drawing on a real paper while using it. It is also compatible with various drawing applications. They include those ones for Corel and Adobe among others. It is also compatible with Mac and Windows computers. The precision is incredible thanks to the high-pressure levels.
- Its pen has a pressure sensitivity of 2048.
- It uses a single AAA battery to operate
- It works well with Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
- That is the same case when it comes to 10.8.0 and 10.10.0
- Its report rate speed is 220
- The resolution is 4000 lines per inch
- Dimensions are 16 x 2 x 12.5 inches
- The weight is 2.2 lbs
7. Ugee M708
Whether you are a fan of Pixologic ZBrush, Autodesk Maya, Corel Painter, LightRoom, Illustrator, Photoshop CC or Adobe Photoshop, this is a drawing tablet is worth considering. It works well for beginners and students. In the same vein, illustrators and professional artists will also love them. So, regardless of where you fall, this is a perfect drawing partner.
Its design makes sure that you can draw dark, light, thick or thin lines depending on what you want to come up with at that particular time. When operating, changing from a pen to an eraser is as simple as clicking a single button. It is also compatible with Mac OS 10.6.x and above as well as Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- It has up to 8 shortcuts customizable to erase, brush tool and hand tool. Equally important, one can toggle from zoom in to zoom out or enhance to weaken easily.
- Its drawing area is large and measures 10 x 6 inches
- The resolution is 5080 while the report rate is 230
- Its rechargeable pen has a pressure sensitivity level of 2048
- It is lightweight with a weight of 1.27 lbs only
- It is also easy to use.
6. Microsoft Surface Pro (5th Gen)
This drawing tablet is fantastic. It has three modes namely laptop mode, studio mode, and tablet mode. As a result, it becomes ideal to work with various tasks and in different environments. It is that versatility that makes it a high recommendation. Its long battery life also makes it a great choice. Other reasons are the design and features.
The most striking thing about the design is the three modes. Then there is the fact that it has a wide working area yet compact and easy to move with. As for its quality, that goes without a say given the fact that its manufacturer is the formidable company by the name Microsoft. Therefore, you can rest assured that what you take home is worth spending on.
- It uses Intel Core i5 processor
- Expect a memory of about 4 GB when it comes to RAM.
- It has a story capacity of about 128 GB
- It uses the Windows 10 Pro operating system
- The drawing tablet has a PixelSense screen
- Its display measures 12.3 inches
- It has Wi-Fi wireless technology
- It has a native resolution of 2736 x 1824
- The weight is 3.6 lbs only
5. Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet
Whether you are looking for a graphics tablet for animation, editing photos or digital art, Wacom has you covered with this particular product. You can also connect it to either Windows or Mac PCs using a USB cable. It makes drawing on your computer feels as real as doing it on a paper or canvas. Everything about it aims at ensuring that you have an easy time using it and experience perfect drawing moments.
As far as the design is concerned, it is made in such a way that both right-handed and left-handed users can use them with ease. If you have a limited working area or need to move around with your drawing tablet, you will also appreciate its slim and compact design. The fact that it has more than 300 customer reviews with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars speak volumes regarding the quality of this particular product.
- The levels of pressure sensitivity of its pen are 4096.
- The lip is 2540
- Its drawing areas measure 6 x 3.7 inches
- It is easy to set up
- You can put your favorite actions in the shortcuts menu
- It is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- It is also compatible with MacOS X 10.11 and above.
4. Huion INSPIROY Q11K
Do you aim to achieve wipsy hairlines or thick strokes? That shouldn’t be an issue because this drawing tablet will do either of the two. It is easy to use and also comfortable in case you have to work for long hours. The precision is also great which gives you the best drawing experience possible. It has wide compatibility including Mac OS X 10:11 and above as well as Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7.
Its ergonomic design sees to it that you are as comfortable as possible when working with this device. It comprises of a smooth surface, round corners as well as curvy edges. It is possible to rest your arm on the edge while using it. As a result, you won’t strain your wrist and you can comfortably work for long hours. You also get to concentrate fully which increases your productivity. The great performance and accuracy guarantee you quality work.
- Its pen has pressure levels of about 8192
- The size, weight, and grip of the pen facilitates a natural drawing experience
- The pen is also rechargeable
- This drawing tablet has wireless connection capability
- It has a huge working area which measures up to 11 inches
- The battery capacity of 2500 mAh ensures that you can operate it for continuous 40 hours
- Its report rate is 233 pps
- The touch resolution is 5080 LPI
3. Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet for Mac or PC, Medium, (PTH660) New Model
For Mac and Windows users, this drawing tablet is yet another product that you should consider buying. It is enough to not only improve your drawing experience but also ensure that you get to deliver tasks as soon as possible. Its model and size are the most suitable as far as this market is concerned. A look into the design and features will enlighten you on the reasons why it is one of our recommendations.
It has a design that is both slim and compact. That makes it easy to store as well as carry around. At the same time, you get a considerable working area measuring 13.2 inches by 8.5 inches. That is relatively large compared to the size of its predecessors. Its quality meets all the professional standards. That’s why you should not hesitate to buy this drawing tablet by Wacom.
- It has a pen with the pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels
- Expect literally lag-free tracking when using the pen
- It also responds when tilted
- It is compatible with Windows 7 and above or Mac OS 10.10 and other later versions
- Supports Bluetooth for wireless connections if a need arises
- It has programmable express keys for the functions that you need as shortcuts
- Its actual size is 13.2 x 8.5 x 0.3 inches
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 9.7-Inch, 32GB Tablet (Silver, SM-T820NZSAXAR)
It is time to take your drawing experience to a whole new level with this particular one which is manufactured by Samsung. That’s because it has everything that you would look for in a drawing tablet. For instance, it has a wide working area about 9.7 inches which are ideal for a range of uses including drawing. Equally appealing, it has a pen that makes you feel like you are drawing on a real paper.
It’s designed in such a way that you are at liberty between touching or using a pen to perform various tasks. It also has extensions that allow you to attach a keyboard. The tablet is also lightweight and compact hence the best if you have to keep moving around. Its design also focuses on a display that had deep contrast, offers cinematic vividness and never leaves out any detail. That translates to high-quality output.
- It can handle the memory of up to 400 GB
- Uses Quad-core processor with a speed of 2.15 GHz + 1.6 GHz Quad
- It comes with a pen that is not only pressure responsive but also facilitates precision.
- The pen doesn’t require charging
- It has Quad speakers in case you love music
- Its adaptive fast charging feature ensures that you take 3 hours to charge it fully
- One full charge will last you up to 12 hours
- It has several wireless technologies including GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi
1. XP-PEN Artist16 Pro 15.6 Inch IPS Drawing Monitor
Last but not least is this drawing tablet made by XP-PEN. It will not disappoint whether you want to design, sketch or paint. That way, you get to draw using a digital gadget but in a way that allows you to feel as natural as possible while at it. That’s because of the flow of its pen. As a result of that, you get to work fast and efficiently. Consequently, your performance and productivity increase.
It has an ergonomic design to support the same. It also ensures that you neither shake nor slide when drawing. That way you get to draw comfortably. That is supported further by the fact that it is adjustable. Equally important, it is sturdy and last for a relatively long time.
- It can support even the 4K displays
- The display measures 15.6 inches
- It has a resolution of 1080p
- Its viewing angle is 178 degrees
- The pressure sensitivity of its pen is 8192 levels
- It has 8 express keys that you can use for shortcuts
- Its report rate is 266 RPS
How To Use Drawing Tablet and What is its use
With the advancement of technology, it is now possible to do away with the mouse and settle for a drawing tablet. If drawing tablet is a vocabulary to you, which is under stable since it is a new invention, this piece is a must-read. It leaves no stone unturned regarding this gadget. A drawing tablet is a hardware device designed to graphical input data into your computer. With the help of its touch-sensitive drawing surface often made using hard plastic, it converts its stylus movement into a drawing that it displays on the monitor. It has various advantages that make it better than the traditional pen and paper. One of them is the fact that it allows editing. The rest of its merits will be discussed later on.
It is good to note that the drawing tablet also has other names. They include a graphics tablet, digitizer, digital artboard, drawing pad as well as a pen tablet. It is capable of taking your graphics to a whole new level. The good thing is that you can either be an expert or novice in the artistic world and still use the device comfortably. To see to it that you know more about a drawing tablet including features, connection, and advantages, keep reading.
You can also check out this: Top 10 Calligraphy Pens in 2021
Features of a Drawing Tablet
When it comes to buying drawing tablets, there are some features that you have to put into consideration. It is the reason why some drawing tablets are better than others. Before looking into the characteristics, let’s dive into the parts of a drawing tablet.
To start with, it has two parts. The first one is the drawing area. It is not only flat but also smooth. The often rectangular surface usually has invisible mathematical grids which the manufacturers divide electronically. The grids will correspond to any particular point of the drawing grid. The other component is the stylus. It allows the user to not only draw but also write on the above-mentioned drawing surface. Its controls determine the opacity, transparency, and thickness of the drawings. There are other crucial characteristics as discussed below.
Factors to consider when selecting a drawing tablet
This is the aspect of drawing tablets which determines the thickness of lines drawn. The more pressure you will apply using your stylus, the larger the width of the lines which you will draw. It also affects the transparency of the drawings. If the pressure sensitivity is relatively high, the drawing process will feel natural. Equally important, you will experience responsive drawing.
Size of the tablet
Often are times when a large tablet have proven to be better than their smaller counterparts. That’s due to the large drawing surface which gives the artist ample space. In addition to that, they come with some shortcut keys as well as high input quality. Consequently, one experiences efficient drawing. However, some are too big to the extent that swinging the hand a lot which is often uncomfortable.
The size of the screen
Don’t make the mistake of settling for a drawing tablet that has a small screen. It makes precision hard, and the cursor becomes jumpy.
Make sure that the stylus of your graphics tablet is comfortable. It should make you feel like you are drawing naturally with a normal pen and on paper.
If you already have a Mac or PC, ensure that the two works well and efficiently.
Often call hotkeys, shortcuts make it easy to apply commonly used commands. Look at the controls of the various tablets and see what they offer.
Circumstances may force you to work for long hours. Therefore, find a gadget that avoids wrist strain and facilitates comfortable working.
The tablet should be compact and lightweight in case you have to travel with it.
Durability & Cost
Buy something that will last for long for great value for your money. That’s why the two features come together.
There are other features worth considering. They include the ability to customize your tablet, tilt recognition, multi-touch, input lag, driver stability and resolution.
How to connect a drawing tablet to a computer or other devices
As far as his to connect a drawing tablet to a computer or any other device is concerned, it all depends on the interface adopted by the manufacturer of the gadgets. Some are wireless while others use USB cables. Below are steps that can help with the connection.
Most of the drawing tablets come with a CD. It usually contains a manual of the device, drivers as well as the installation software. It is advisable first to install the software and then plug in the drawing tablet. In most cases, the software comes with a wizard that makes the process a matter of following the given steps one after the other.
In the event that the package lacks the CD containing software and installation drivers, there is no need to worry. All is not lost. That’s because you can do the following.
- If the graphics tablet is not wireless, plug it into your computer using a USB cable.
- Then, download and later install the driver.
- After that, restart the computer if it uses the Windows operating system. As for the Mac users, that step is unnecessary.
- Lastly, follow the given instructions until the two are working correctly.
- However, a need may arise for you to customize it to meet your standards. If that were to be the case, do not hesitate to consider the following procedure.
A step by step guide on how to connect a drawing tablet to a computer
- Click the start button
- Tap on the Control Panel under which you will select Hardware and Sound
- On that page, scroll down until you find your tablet. Under its name, click on Set up your Pen and Tablet
- Use the arrows to determine how the pen buttons will work
- You can make other selections including how the pen tip feels with the likes of the Soft-Firm slider.
- It is possible to experience a click sound when using your drawing tablet by ticking the Click Sound checkbox.
- The Advanced button helps you determine how the pen works.
- Click on OK to set your preference
- Toggle to the Tablet tab and choose depending on the hand you often use
- Finally, use the close box to save all that as the default settings
As much as the procedure may vary from one brand to another, the deviation may not be too big to affect the setup. Equally important, most drawing tablets come with manuals that can make the process a walk in the park.
How to use a Graphics Tablet and Pen
As much as using a drawing tablet is more efficient than using a pen and paper, the transformation may not be a breeze. That’s because it is natural and comfortable to use the pen. Nevertheless, with time, using the device may start feeling natural as well. That is regardless of whether you are activating setting, moving, erasing, selecting, drawing or signing using your pen. Since the mechanism is similar to that of using pen and paper, the most important thing is to know how that transition can be smooth and fast. Check out how to simplify that transition that will for sure change your drawing experience.
Tips when it comes to using a graphics tablet and the pen
- If you have to work under pressure may be due to tight schedules and deadlines that are not easy to beat, then it is not the right time to transit.
- Don’t customize your tablet before you are familiar with working with default settings. In most cases, the default settings are the most basic hence easy to learn and understand.
- Once it is time to customize the settings, experiment various options and compare their effects and results. Based on what the multiple configurations offer, select the one that suits you the best.
- If you want to master the art of clicking and to drag using a pen, it is high time you started using them to do fun things such as playing the game. The enjoyment will make the frustrations which come with learning a new tool-less
- Practice the various concepts without necessarily coming up with a constructive graphic. Right click, click, drag, open and close over and over again until it starts feeling normal.
- Start with letters and other basic shapes before proceeding to complicated structures.
- Find already existing graphics and try to reproduce them with your graphics tablet and pen. Make sure that the new image resembles the original one in the best way possible.
- Ensure that you practice daily until you can draw fast and perfectly with the pen. Don’t forget to start from the basics to the complicated ones to avoid extending the transition period.
- See to it that you hold your pen in the most comfortable way possible. For instance, hold it the way you do when it comes to your writing pen.
- The fact that you are learning something new, means that you should be patient. It is the only way that you deal with the frustrations that come with the new adventure. Otherwise, you will give up even before you can learn the art.
- As long as you are drawing, the tip will your stylus should point directly on the drawing surface.
- Never forget that pens have a feature by the name pressure sensitivity. Therefore, the thickness of the lines depends on the pressure that you put on the pen.
You can also check out this: Top 10 Calligraphy Pens in 2021
Reasons why we need to use a drawing tablet
Those who set aside the mouse for a drawing tablet reap a million and one benefits. This segment highlights why we need to use a drawing tablet. Read on!
- First, a drawing tablet comes with a stylus which resembles a typical pen. Therefore, it is one of the best ways that one can indulge in digital drawing in a way that feels natural. The curves can be smooth just like the conventional
- The stylus also moves freely which is the contrary of the situation when it comes to using the mouse. As a result of that, there are low chances of straining your wrist which can not only be painful but also affect your productivity.
- A drawing tablet has hotkeys. The shortcuts make it easy to perform functions effortlessly and relatively fast. For that reason, the artist does little to achieve common features which avoid fatigue and improves productivity.
- Those who have drawn using a mouse knows how hard it is to come up with drawings if they are small and intricate. That can be frustrating, and one can also end up with a bad However, that is not usually the case when it comes to graphics tablets especially after you get used to it.
- Another plus is the fact that many pens can detect the amount of pressure that an artist applies. That is a concept that simplifies copying an already existing graphics. In addition to that, it facilitates the application of light and dark lines without having to do too much.
You can also check out this: Top 10 Calligraphy Pens in 2021
From the above discussion, virtually all the questions regarding a drawing tablet have been answered. Therefore, readers are now well-informed regarding factors to put in mind when buying a graphics tablet to ensure that what they get is worthwhile. How to connect it to a computer and subsequently use it for drawing is also no longer a thing of the past. For those who are in the fence regarding which way to go, natural or digital, can now make that decision with ease. After all, it is clear regarding what one stands to benefit if they purchase the gadget. Once one decides to go to the digital side, this piece is also helping in the transition. With the tips on how to master this art, learning the new venture may turn out to be a breeze. Equally important, a drawing tablet is no longer a vocabulary from now henceforth.