Electrician Tool Bags? On giving a thought to the work of an electrician, it will not be wrong to say that they need a lot of tools while performing their duty and as an electrician one cannot avoid to having an electrician tool bag. An electrician tool bag will allow you to keep all your tools and other necessary accessories well organized and easy to access at the time when you will need it. With an electrician bag full of all the necessary tools you will never have to back-out from any task or waste your valuable time due to lack of essential tools.
- Best Electrician Tool Bags in 2020
- 9. Custom Leathercraft 526 Electricians Maintenance
- 8. DEWALT DG5103 Small Maintenance Electricians Tool Bag
- 7. IRWIN Tools Utility Carrier
- 6. Custom Leathercraft L245 18-Inch Compartment, Electrician Tool Bags
- 5. Boulder Bag 104XL GR Electrician Comfort – Electrician Tool Bags
- 4. Greenlee 4923 Ultimate Plano Tackle, Electrician Tool Bags
- 3. Boulder Bag 130 Electrician Pouch – Electrician Tool Bags
- 2. Custom LeatherCraft 1528 Electrical Maintenance – Electrician Tool Bags
- 1. Custom LeatherCraft 1509 Professional Electricians, Electrician Tool Bags
- Things you should have in Electrician Tool Bag and what to do?
- Tools to carry in your Electrician Tool Bag
- Kinds of Tools Bag
- Related Posts
Best Electrician Tool Bags in 2020
9. Custom Leathercraft 526 Electricians Maintenance
The Custom Leathercraft 526 Electricians tool bag has a number of unique qualities that forced us to include this great product on our list. The first quality is that this tool bag is made of real leather. The second quality of the tool bag is that it features boxy shape which makes it impossible to tip over the tool bag. The final quality was its 17 deep pockets that can hold your tools securely. This leather tool bag is designed to last for years, and its low center of gravity ensures that it won’t tip over easily.
- Made of pure leather
- Features 17 deep pockets
- Highly durable and hard to tip over
8. DEWALT DG5103 Small Maintenance Electricians Tool Bag
The DEWALT DG5103 Small Maintenance Electricians Tool Bag was designed to last for years, and this is the reason because of which it is made of resilient ballistic poly-fabric that too with reinforced edges. This tool bag features loops pocket, large main pocket and sleeves pockets for holding a wide variety of tools. If you are looking for an easy to carry compact electrician tool bag, then you should buy this product without any further delay.
- Features reinforced edges
- Highly durable
- Have several storage options
7. IRWIN Tools Utility Carrier
Are you looking for a professional electrical tool bag? If you are, then you surely will like the IRWIN Tools Utility Carrier. This tool bag features 26 pockets that too of different sizes. The different sized pockets allow you to keep a variety of tools and accessories in a well-organized manner. This spacious tool bag is made of durable and wear-resistant plastic. For adding long life, this tool bag features reinforced rivets. The ergonomically designed rubber handle of the IRWIN Tools Utility Carrier makes it easier to carry this tool bag around. This backpack comes with heavy duty metal clasps that offer extra strength for lifting heavy items.
- Spacious and compact design
- Features shoulder strap for easy transport
- Features multiple pockets
6. Custom Leathercraft L245 18-Inch Compartment, Electrician Tool Bags
The Custom Leathercraft L245 18-Inch Compartment, Electrician Tool Bags features a LED light handle, and this LED light can be used while working in areas with less or no light. The LED light comes with three light output levels that allow wide-area illumination as well as works quite efficiently for close up work. This electrician tool bag features 14 exterior and 42 inside pockets. Therefore you will be able to store a good number of tools in this tool bag. This tool bag comes with padded shoulder strap. The base feet of the bag help in preventing wear and abrasion.
- Ergonomically designed handles decrease strain on hand and wrist
- Features LED light handle
- Multiple pocket availability allows you to organize tools
You can also check out this: Best Food Processors in 2020
5. Boulder Bag 104XL GR Electrician Comfort – Electrician Tool Bags
The Boulder Bag 104XL GR Electrician Comfort – Electrician Tool Bags features extra padded belt that allows you to wear the bag and access the tools with great ease. You will be able to store a wide range of tools in this bag as it has 25 compartments. This tool bag has a metal buckle and can easily accommodate two connect-A-Pouches. The upper Velcro pocket has 19 pockets and 13 slots.
- Number of pockets
- Highly durable
- Features easy to use belt system
4. Greenlee 4923 Ultimate Plano Tackle, Electrician Tool Bags
The Greenlee 4923 Ultimate Plano Tackle Electrician Tool Bag is a compact and versatile electrician tool bag. The main compartment of this bag has detachable inner tote along with three pockets for storing plenty of tools and accessories. The main compartment of the Greenlee 4923 Ultimate Plano Tackle Electrician Tool Bag features 8 adjustable slots pockets and also a larger pocket.
- Features removable shoulder strap
- Have comfortable web handle
- All the pockets are either zippered or Velcro shut
3. Boulder Bag 130 Electrician Pouch – Electrician Tool Bags
The Boulder Bag 130 Electrician Pouch is the smallest and highly efficient product in this list. This small tool belt can help you carry your tools and organize your tools with ease. The main compartment of this tool belt is separated into 2 sections with 2 exterior pockets and 3 exterior slots. The Boulder Bag 130 Electrician Pouch also has a tape chain and tool clip. The compact design of this product allows one to take it anywhere. This tool belt is made of Cordura Plus Nylon, therefore, you can be assured that it will last for years.
- Highly durable
- Easy to carry
2. Custom LeatherCraft 1528 Electrical Maintenance – Electrician Tool Bags
The Custom LeatherCraft 1528 Electrical Maintenance Electrician Tool Bag features 7 interior and 14 exterior pockets. The availability of a large number of pockets allows you to store all your necessary tools and accessories in a well-organized manner. The box-shaped design of the tool bag makes it nearly impossible to tip over the tool bag. The tool bag also features an adjustable shoulder strap.
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Impressive construction
- The boxy design doesn’t allow it to tip over
- Features padded carrying handle
1. Custom LeatherCraft 1509 Professional Electricians, Electrician Tool Bags
The Custom LeatherCraft 1509 Professional Electrician Tool Bags has 21 zippered pockets. The tool ga also features an ergonomic rubber handle and extra padded shoulder strap. This tool is durable and will last for years as it is made of 600D polyester fabric (Double Layer). The tool bag is lightweight and easy to carry. It also has 3 exterior holders.
- Spacious and durable
- Box-shaped design doesn’t allow to tip over
- Easy to carry
Things you should have in Electrician Tool Bag and what to do?
As an electrician, having electrician tools will be an extra addition to your skills. As a result, having an electrician tool bag is very necessary. Tools you have in possession with you in your electrician tool bag will ensure that you have them around you whenever you need them. Electrician tool bag assists you in arranging as well as protecting your lot of tools you need while on your work. With the tools organized, your work will become easier as you can easily trace any tool where you put it. In addition to this, you have the ability to carry many different tools within one bag hence making it highly portable.
Some of the major tools you will require as an electrician include the power tools, hand tools, and the special testing tools. For safety purposes, one should possess their electrician tools and avoid borrowing. Not only that but also, as an electrician, you will as well need quality tools. Though these tools might be expensive to some extent, you will find them very important as they will provide you with a long-lasting service on your work. However, to the most expensive power tools or other special instruments, your employer might take the responsibility of providing them to you.
Tools to carry in your Electrician Tool Bag
With this, there are several things you should have in the electrician tool bag. Keep reading below to know what to include and what to do. Below are some of the things you should have in the electrician tool bag and what to do.
- Crimping Pliers – These are among the first tools you need to have in your electrician tool bag. They are the pliers whose use are in installing Sta-Kons and splices. However, you need to ensure that the crimping pliers have both the non-insulated as well as the insulated option. This will give you the convenience you need while installing the Sta-Kons and splices according to your preference.
- Needle-Nose Pliers – It is essential to have several of these pliers with several sizes as you will use them for a number of tasks. The grasping ends which are thin ensure that you can reach the small spaces so as to hold small nuts while on the other side you are turning the screw. In addition to this, they also allow you to retrieve the dropped fasteners. You should ensure that the Needle-nose pliers contain insulated handles like other tools for an electrician for safety purposes.
- Wire Strippers – Having wire strippers is unavoidable in your electrician tool bag. This is so as their use is in cutting and stripping any insulation you don’t need from an electrical wire. Furthermore, they come with a variety of holes which are essential for stripping the different standard sizes of wire. In addition to this, they also have cutting teeth whose use are in trimming the wire ends. You should ensure that the handle used is easy to grip and also comfortable to hold. Moreover, other wire strippers will also feature cutting teeth for trimming the wire ends as well.
- Channellocks – Channellocks use is in tightening conduit, conduit fittings, connectors, and gang boxes as well. The feature adjustable workhorses which you will love while using it. With the different sizes of channel locks, for conduits, one should use channel locks of 2 inches on their diameter or less, 2¼-inch. However, one should incorporate the use of 5½-inch capacity channel locks on the conduits which are larger than 2 inches.
- Hex Keys – These tools are essential for the flip away set. They are also known as the Allen Keys or the Allen Wrench through which they are necessary for driving screws and bolts which have a hexagonal socket. Furthermore, they feature in different sizes with a variety of different sizes of bolts and screws as well. Each individual key is usually easy to lose. The set of the hex keys features several sizes of the hex keys which range from having 5 keys to 16 keys.
- Screwdrivers – These are among the basic tools you will require in your electrician tool bag, whether you be an amateur or a professional electrician. Their use is in fastening electrical boxes, electrical installations or also other outside plates to the roof or the divider. You can incorporate the force or the manual screwdrivers. In addition to this, you can also use a customizable screwdriver. However, for the customizable screwdriver, you might find it tiresome at some point as it may not be as short or as long as you may need it for other uses.
- Nut Drivers – Nut drivers are essential for the tightening of bolts and nuts in which they have a socket on their shaft together with a cylindrical handle through which, in appearance, they are similar to the screwdrivers. Their use is where wrenches are unable to perform the tightening or loosing. Their shaft is hollow which accommodates a shank in which the nut is threaded. Their use is on lower torque applications compared to ratchets and wrenches. To have the best set, you should include 1/4″, 1/2″, 7/16″ and 9/16″
- Wrench Set – Wrenches usually have slightly larger openings than bolts or nuts in which their design is to fit the few thousandths of an inch. There are several sizes of wrenches which you can purchase as a set. Some of the small wrench sets contain 6 to 10 wrenches which also range in different sizes. They are speed wrenches with the most common sizes being 7/16, 1/2, and 9/16.
- Crescent Wrench – These are wrench whose use is in the cases where the size of the nut to be tightened or loosed is unknown. It contains a good set of jaws which do not lock up and therefore making it suitable for different sizes. The sizes of these wrenches are usually adjustable. They come in a range of sizes which range from 4″ to 24″. They have one fixed jaw while the other second jaw is usually adjustable making it suitable for the different sizes of bolts. Despite this, you need to ensure that you have the right size for the job you are using it in.
- Tape Measure – One of the essentials you will need to have in your electrician tool bag is the tape measure. Any wiring will require you to use the right lengths whenever you are stripping or cutting. Any standard retractable tape measure will be suitable for use in measuring different sizes. However, there are different models of tape measures in the market through which there are some with multi-step locks, magnetic tips among other features to make them easier to use. Nevertheless, you should choose your favorite style, which fits you.
- Hack Saw – Hack saws are handy cutting tools which are essential to have in your electrician tool bag. Their primary purpose is for cutting plastic pipes as well as metal pipes among other household materials that are small. Features a U-shaped bow frame which holds a thin as well as a wide blade. There are different models of a hack saw with some containing adjustable frames. Furthermore, they also come with blades with different sizes of the number of teeth in one inch, which includes 14, 18, 24, or 32 teeth per inch.
- Knife – A knife is also another one of the essential tools you will need in your electrician tool bag through which its use can be significant in stripping cable as well as insulation. You should ensure that the knife has an insulated handle without any exposures which most of the knives have. This will ensure that you remain secure as you use the knife.
- Torpedo Level – This is a small level which fits easily in the electrician tool bag. Its use is in ensuring that what you do is on level and plumb. This will, as a result, ensure that you provide quality work to your client.
- Hammer – While cutting apparatuses, wrenches, forceps, and screwdrivers are used mainly by circuit testers. At some instances, a mallet is essential at some of the few instances. A hammer with a level head together with a paw will make your work easier. In points where you are working on construction sites, having a hammer would be the best option as it will assist you in removing the pieces of wood and nails as well giving the room of where you are doing the wiring. You should ensure that the handle of the hammer fits your hand easily together with giving you enough grip.
- Markers – As an electrician, you will have a necessity of having markers in the electrician tool bag. They will include both the pipe as well as the electrical conduit markers. This will ensure that you have a safer work environment in which these markers will be easy to read to alert anyone on the electrical dangers and connections. This will be suitable for both the visitors as well as employee safety.
Kinds of Tools Bag
As an electrician, there are several areas where you can carry your tools together for ease in portability together with ease in organization of your tools. Below are some of the different kinds of tools bag you will have for your electrical tools;
- Tool Bags
A tool bag is one of the main types of tool bag used by most electricians. First, it is usually highly portable through which you can use it whenever and wherever you need it. Secondly, it can withhold a larger weight of tools hence supporting the carriage of many tools in one area. These bags will have comfortable straps which ensure you can move with it from one place to another without getting exhausted.
- Tote Bags
Tote bags are usually large bags which are suitable for carrying different types of stuff. They contain a large opening at the top. They are the bags which do not have fasteners but have a pair of parallel handles on both sides of the side of the bag used in holding the bag with. These bags will allow an electrician to organize as well as retrieve their tools easily through the large opening at the top.
- Tool Pouches
These are small bags which are usually closed through the use of a drawstring. Like the tote bags, they also have large openings at the top, which make it easier for an electrician to have easy access to his or her tools. Furthermore, they also contain multiple pockets which are essential in the carriage of several tools you would love.
- Tool Belt
A tool belt is taken to be one of the extensions on your workwear through which it provides you with a highly portable caddy in comparison to the tool bag, tote bags or the tool pouches. You will work while wearing your tool belt; hence, you will have easy access to the tools without removing the tool belt.
In conclusion, having an electrician tool bag could be the best decision you ever made as an electrician. This is so as they will save you much on the energy of checking up your tools whenever you need them together with saving you a lot of time as you will have an easy reach of your items. Furthermore, electrician tool bags will also enhance the proper organization of your tools and, as a result, you will not lose while on your work. There are benefits which come with electrician tool bag which include the weight factors, the number of compartments, the versatility, security of items through the several characteristics such as being water-resistant and water-proof.
However, having an electrician tool bag only is not enough since you will need the necessary tools in the electrician tool bag. With the above, we hope you get all that you need in becoming a professional electrician. It is time you turn your frustrations into joy through giving the best to your clients by having the necessary tools you need. Check the above tools and ensure that you equip your electrician tool bag appropriately today before you move out to carry out any work you have with your clients.