Gaming has become the most common means of relaxation for both the young and the old. Provided you have your gaming laptops with you, you can enjoy your favorite games any time of the day. In the past, people took gaming as a business of teenagers and the young adult. However, this notation has greatly changed.
A gaming laptop makes it possible for you to enjoy your gaming hobby wherever you are. Unlike the past where people had to visit specific stations meant for gaming, it is now possible to enjoy gaming at the comfort of your home.
A gaming laptops has a lot of difference with a normal laptop. This is because, it gives you intense performance and has high speed fans and specially designed cooling systems. They also have high end dedicated graphics and special features like high quality displays and Backlit RBG Keyboards among others.
- TOP 10 Gaming Laptops IN 2019 That You Should Have In This Gaming Industries
- Best Gaming Laptops Review | Can Play Any Type Of Game
- 10. Alienware 17 R5 VR Ready 17.3″ LCD Gaming Notebook
- 9. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC
- 8. ASUS Vivobook K570ZD Casual Gaming Laptop
- 7. ASUS ROG Strix SCAR Edition Gaming Laptop
- 6. ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, 15.6”
- 5. OMEN by HP 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop
- 4. HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15.6
- 3. MSI GV62 8RD-200 15.6″ Full HD Performance Gaming Laptop
- 2. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC
- 1. Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop, 15.6
- Harmful things you might do while using a gaming laptop?
- Tips and guide
- Related Posts
TOP 10 Gaming Laptops IN 2019 That You Should Have In This Gaming Industries
Best Gaming Laptops Review | Can Play Any Type Of Game
10. Alienware 17 R5 VR Ready 17.3″ LCD Gaming Notebook
This is an LCD gaming notebook that has great features that makes it an ideal choice for your gaming needs.
Design and quality
- It has a 16GB DDR4 SDRAM.
- This laptop uses windows 10 Home 64-bit.
- The Intel Core is i7-8750H (8th Generation).
- Its shipping weight is 15.75 pounds.
- Flawless performance.
- It is fast and doesn’t overheat.
- Realistic gaming performance.
- This machine can optimize power usage as well triggering more advanced security profiles.
9. Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC
This is a 6GB graphics ram sized machine that comes with a 1-year International Travelers Limited Warranty.
- This machine is 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H with 6-Core Processor that is up to 4.5 GHZ.
- Acer Predator Helios uses Windows 10 Home 64 Bit.
- It is fitted with 15.6” Full HD widescreen (1920*1080).
- The Over drive Response Time is 3ms with 300nit Brightness and 72%NTSC.
- Comes with 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory and 256GB PCle NVMe SSD.
- Pocket friendly
- Good and fast in gaming
- Great screen and great capabilities.
- Fast and efficient.
8. ASUS Vivobook K570ZD Casual Gaming Laptop
This is a great gaming machine that is fitted with a fast-charging battery meaning no interruptions when enjoying your game.
- Comprehensive connection that includes USB 3.1 Type-C (Gen-1), USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
- It is also fitted with a Bluetooth 4.2, HDMI and headphone/mic port.
- Fingerprint reader with a backlight keyboard.
- 15.6” FHD IPS level display.
- Thin and light durable lithium polymer battery that charges to 60% in less than one hour.
- Gives more than expected.
- Good performance and value.
- Good and outstanding design.
- Great choice for occasional casual gaming.
7. ASUS ROG Strix SCAR Edition Gaming Laptop
This version is much faster and more convenient compared to traditional HDD in terms of performance.
- Fitted with GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics.
- Customizable RGB Gaming keyboard.
- 120Hz 17.3 inches full HD display.
- Battery is: 64WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion.
- 128GB PCle SSD plus 1TB FireCuda Hybrid Drive.
- Gigabit Wave 2 WiFi that is up to 1.73Gbps plus 2*2 802.11ac.
- Fitted with HDMI 1.4 Mini Displayport and USB 3.1 Type-C.
- Faster performance.
- Kevlar pattern on the palm rest giving it a scar Edition design.
- Ideal combination of storage capacity and OS drive speed.
- Powerful gaming performance.
6. ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, 15.6”
The brand name is ASUS and has a display size of 15.6 inches.
- Amd Ryzen 3550H Processor plus AMD Radeon RX 560x and 4GB GDDR5.
- 15.6” IPS level FHD display. It also has a 6.5mm narrow bezel that is up to 77 percent screen-to-body ratio.
- Thin profile with a total weight of 4.85lbs and 1.02”.
- Dual-fans with anti-dust technology.
- Superior gaming performance.
- Multitasking ability.
- Portable design.
- Good and durable quality.
You can also check this: Best Gaming Desks
5. OMEN by HP 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop
This great machine gives you an opportunity to play at your best wherever you are without sacrificing performance.
- 8th Generation Intel®Core™ i5-8300H Processor.
- Quad-Core, 2.3GHz that is up to 4.0GHz that is gives it a top gaming performance.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 15.6”diagonal FHD IPS BrightView.
- Fitted with a micro-edge WLED-backlit with 144Hz refresh rate.
- Dimensions and weight 14.17” width by 10.35” dimension by 0.98 inch (H);5.40 pounds.
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home.
- Long-serving battery (10hours 45 minutes).
- 2 accessible memory slots.
- Great value and quick performance.
- Amazing low temperature while gaming.
4. HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15.6
This is a gaming and entertainment machine that gives you a chance to upgrade your gaming experience in an instance.
- 8GB DDr4-2666 SDRAM and 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive.
- 15.6” diagonal FHD IPS and anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit display.
- 4GB GDDR5 dedicated with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.
- 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Generation 1, 3 USB 3.1 Generation 1 (1 HP Sleep and charge). 1 RJ-45; 1HDMI 2.0; 1headphone/mic combo with Windows 10.
- Pocket friendly price.
- Great gaming performance.
3. MSI GV62 8RD-200 15.6″ Full HD Performance Gaming Laptop
The brand name is MSI with a display size of 16”. This gaming laptop comes with a 1 year global limited warranty.
- Display: 15.6 inches Full HD EDP IPS-Level.
- Operating system is Windows 10 Multi-language.
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 2400MHZ with 2 sockets.
- Maximum memory is 32GB.
- It runs super smooth.
- Great and fast gaming performance.
- Multitasking features.
It is an 8th generation Intel Core i7-8750H and 6-Core Processor which is up to 4.1GHz. it operates with Windows 10 (HOME 64Bit).
- Overclockable Graphics (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060) with six GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM.
- Backlit Keyboard/ Gigabit Wi-Fi/USB 3.1 (Type C).
- 3D Fan Cooling Metal Chassis.
- Battery Capacity 3320 mAh.
- Fast and affordable.
- Good gaming laptop at an affordable price.
- Good components.
- Battery life of 7-hours.
1. Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop, 15.6
The brand name is Acer with a display size of 15.6 inches. It comes with a one year International Travelers Limited Warranty.
- 8th Generation Intel Core of 15-8250U Processor which is up to 3.4GHZ.
- 256GB SSD and 8GB Dual Channel Memory.
- LED-lit IPS Display widescreen that is 15.6” Full HD.
- Battery life of up to 15-hours.
- Long battery life.
- Fast and reliable.
- Great features at an affordable price.
Harmful things you might do while using a gaming laptop?
Any personal computer factory designed for playing computer games can be referred to as a gaming laptop. Due to the demand for clarity and speed, these gaming laptops require a lot of computer power (computing power) and high frame rates. To achieve high computing power and video clarity, manufacturers add components featuring performance-orientation. Components such as relatively higher core count processors, cooling systems and graphics cards make them a modernized high performing mainstream computer. All this is to achieve maximum performance in the actual gameplay and therefore become acceptable for the low-end through to the high-end users.
In most cases, gaming laptops are custom assembled. Custom gaming machine producing companies generate interest through this and can compete on the unique features. The hardware design is made for gamers and may not be unusual for normal users.
Keep food away from your laptop
Gaming laptops and all other laptops are subject to abuse, unlike desktops in offices. Mishandling involves picking up the laptop by its screen, using excessive force to open the hinge, using the laptop to place drinks as a coaster and tossing it onto the bed from the door. Possible harm includes spilling the drink on the laptop, breaking the hinge and missing the foundation and causing it to hit the floor.
Abuse of gaming laptops increases the likelihood of damaging some components. The fact that they are portable makes them vulnerable to misuse and mishandling. Such abuse include head dislocation in the case of a traditional spinning hard drive. Eventually, loss of data will be the effect you may end up facing. For the SSD this may not happen. Others include malfunctioning keyboard due to drinks spill and worn out hinge or laptop casing cracks. However, these machines can be durable when taken sufficient care of.
Browse the web unprotected
People believe that common sense can protect their laptops from malware infections. Although this can work to some extent, it should not be the only form of protection from malware. The truth is most of the sites we term as a legitimate site can be malware-infected. Browsing only with the “common sense” will transfer the infection to your laptop. Therefore the use of antivirus in your gaming laptops is essential.
After many years of sub-par ratings, windows defender feature has been improved quite well thanks to Microsoft developers team. The latest version can work perfectly well, even without additional antimalware protection. Some gamers prefer boosting their laptops protection by adding Malwarebytes. There is both a free version for simple shallow scans and a paid version which will go deeper than where the free version can reach. This antimalware software is quite aggressive to deal with stubborn codes that may pass windows defender unnoticed. A combination of these two can assure you of a protected and safe browsing experience.
Don’t settle down yet. The installation of this software alone may not be sufficient to guarantee all-round protection. The user has a responsibility of making sure that the software is up to date. Not only the protection software, all other installed software are up to date with the regular patches provided by the manufacturers. At the same time, a good password manager is similarly essential, knowledge on phishing tactics can help as well.
Waste time on Unnecessary Maintain
Unlike during the days of Window XP, computers don’t require regular maintenance today as it was. Computers were too slow with limited hardware. Today you don’t need to delete unused files to boost speed. We don’t, therefore, need PC Cleaning tools to maintain a gaming laptops. Harmful software coders will use such tactics to lure users into installing their products into their computers. This ends up infecting their laptops.
It is therefore harmful to some extent to do maintenance for a gaming laptop and other computers as well. Some types of support can cause severe problems to the registry if allowed to move to that direction. It can be fatal if a cleaner software deletes a registry entry that is needed by the laptop. Other than the effect to the registry, use of an infected software can plant a spying code into the laptop. The code will keep sending usage data and other confidential information to the developers, thereby exposing the user to attacks. Similarly, a user can unknowingly welcome ransomware leading to a catastrophic attack requiring huge amount of money (ransom) to solve.
So what next? Microsoft, for instance, has provided within the OS Disk cleanup utility. A software that can be used for simple maintenance such as deleting files that are not useful, movies, and music without causing harm. Try other ways such as resetting the laptop or getting lid of startup programs. If the low speed persists, please upgrade.
Disregarding Electrical Safety
Gaming laptops draw power in sizeable amount. This means power surges which is a temporary change in voltage, makes it is highly susceptible to damage. In most cases surge is brought by power outages and turning on device at home that consumes high amount of power or also unreliable power grid around. To avoid this and increase safety as far as power damages are concerned, the gamer can use surge protectors available in the market. Such kind of protectors assure you of a long-lasting surge protection.
A user should not settle on a power surge protector and assume all is well. The devices wear out with time, and the protection becomes low. There is, therefore, a need for regular replacement. 3 to 5 years replacement will provide sufficient protection for your PC from smaller surges.
A gamer may require to add additional protection. An Uninterrupted Power Supply will keep the laptop on even in the event of power blackout. With UPS sudden power outage can be put into check and a user can be safe from data loss and other effects of unexpected power outages.
Leaving your laptop on a plush surface
One of the laptops enemies is heat. Too hot computers are reducing their lifespan with prolonged use. Heat affects the hardware within the computer. When a processor, battery, and fans are subjected to high temperatures for an extended period they stop to function well, and with time you may end up replacing your computer. Apart from the internal hardware components, heat can cause the laptop to be too loud and sizzling when touched.
It is, therefore, necessary to keep the laptop under care and ensure the temperature under which it is operated is optimal. Never be place Laptops on plush surface or a blanket. Such surfaces will block airflow into the computer which is responsible for cooling the inner components. Users should adopt the habit of using their laptops on a hard flat surface that allows the machine to ’breath.’ If you have to use your computer on the bed, provide for a lap desk and let the laptop enjoy the cool.
It is recommended that a gaming laptop be not left out on a sunny day or inside a car on a hot day. To keep the fans functioning well, the computer needs to be cleaned with air. Fans are responsible for cooling through air regulation. The more they function well, the better for the components.
Tips and guide
What should you check before buying a gaming laptop?
Check CPU, RAM, GPU according to your budget
The most significant decision here when buying a gaming laptop is the processor speed. Although the CPU is crucial, GPU is equally essential since most of the run on it. Examples include Nvidia GeForce GTX or RTX GPUs. Finally the 20s series Nvidia’s RTX GPUs have made it to laptops and currently on sale beasting those with the ten series.
Yes the GPU is quite essential but that’s not enough. A user will still want to be on the lookout for enough RAM and enough storage space. Currently for the CPU a gamer, get a Core i7 if the budget allows. Or still a Core i9-8950HK. A faster CPU like Core i5 can also work well for a gaming laptop with a good GPU. So with a good GPU you can worry less of a CPU.
Unlike other regular laptops, a gaming laptop can be quite RAM intensive. A recommended size of 8GB is suitable for common productivity tasks. Mostly for GTX 1050 8 GB will give you a pleasant experience with your games. If possible or if you are using GTX 1060 or higher go for 16GB. One of the good things with RAM is even if you can’t get one with 16GB of RAM now, you can upgrade it later.
For the storage, you can work with either a hard drive or SSD or both. What matters is the storage space, not the media. With the fact that it is upgradable as the RAM one does not need to worry about it much if the budget is low. Since SSD has a noticeably low loading time, a gamer is advised to buy a gaming laptop with larger SSD. If you choose to go for HDD then take the one with 7200rpm and not 5400rpm.
Which brand should you choose?
Brands are different, and their products are different too. Ranging from hardware design to software customization, each gaming laptop brand has a bit of special sauce. Let us sample some of them here and note some few things:
Affordable hardware that we all like. In the recent past, it has surprised many with a ridiculous predator 21X which has a mechanical display and a curved screen. With this version you can customize fan speed and monitor GPU and CPU usage. Cool Predatorsense app.
Lenovo has their lineup called Legion. Legion’s innovation has made it more minimalist by recently redesigning it. They have made tremendous changes in the RAM, GPU, CPU, HDD, and buttons.
With the Alienware m15, Dell has immersed itself into the thin-and-light game. They have also created their desktop with the Area-51m.
A classic design came up with gamer aesthetic Omen lineup. With Omen Command Center, you can get the details of GPU and CPU use, RAM utilization as well as a network booster that allows you to prioritize the bandwidth.
Asus – came up with slick designs, including the very innovative Zephyrus. Its Republic of Gamers Gaming Center software provides device information that includes temperature, storage, and RAM usage, and RGB backlighting customization.
When it comes to buying a gaming laptop, plese get one that lasts you for a good number of years. For those who can afford it, hurry and get at least an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 majorly for basic VR support. A better video card will offer better gaming performance. Though you should pay attention to CPU and GPU one cannot overlook the importance of RAM and storage.
Without a good RAM and Storage preferably 16GB and SSD respectively, then you may not enjoy the value of your laptop too. When talking about the room, it is preferred that you buy one that you can upgrade when need arises. Do not restrict yourself to the limited storage space that is provided by the manufacturer. Go on and decide if you prefer a high-resolution display or faster displays. This will guide you to considering the kind of software that will be helpful to you.