Esports or simply electronic sports is a form of competition that is played using video games.it can take the form of organized multiplayer video games competition. Usually, it is between professional players, teams, or individuals. The games can either be played via online platforms or offline platforms, and it involves competition. Shooter,
In the recent past, the most common video game genres associated with esports are a multiplayer online, first-person shooter, and many more. The earliest known form of esports or video game competition took place on 19th October 1972 at Stanford University. The video game was known as space war.
Majority of the e-sport competition usually use a series of promotion and relegation style of play. This encourages the player to attain certain points or meet certain criteria to avoid being relegated. The games may mimic real and living personnel as their characters. This tactic usually attracts many players who are mostly fans of the players being mimicked. For example, in FIFA 2019, a player may become interested because of Messi or Ronaldo.
You can also check these products out:
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF ESPORTS?
Benefits of Esports
Esports have many interests ranging from health benefits, financial benefits, social benefits, economic benefits, and many more. Below is a discussion of the benefits of esports.
Video games or simply esports can have many health benefits. Here are some of the areas that I discussed under the health benefits.
- Esports games can help people overcome dyslexia. Dyslexia is a medical disorder that is also referred to as a reading disorder despite one having normal intelligence. Dyslexia varies from one individual to another. Problems may include difficulties in spelling words, reading quickly, writing words and others. A study has shown that individuals who are suffering from dyslexia and are players of video games have improved their reading comprehension. This is a result of heavy sessions of games. Researchers believe that change in the environment by video games has dramatically helped people overcome dyslexia.
- Esports games boost brain health. Studies on adults who have played Super Mario 64 for a period of roughly half an hour per day for six months showed an increase in the three major areas of the brain.
The cerebellum controls a human’s motor skills and muscular activity. It receives vital information from your sensory systems and then regulates a human motor movement. While playing a video game, the brain sends multiple signals from the brain to other parts of the body, such as hands. Esports improves on how one responds to different satiations.
This is the part of the brain where we get both short term and long-term memory, as well as information processing and consolidation. Studies have shown and proven that playing video games has led to the growth of this part of the brain by navigating through a 3D world and by interacting with various 3D objects.
The prefrontal cortex is the part of the brain that is responsible for personality, decision making, cognitive planning, and social behavior. A game will help a player plan ahead, analyze how objects are used and how they will simply interact with them.
- Esports can improve one’s eyesight. Although working for long hours near a computer can be dangerous to one’s eyes, video games can improve eyesight. A study conducted was able to show that people who played video games had better perceptions of color contrast. Gaming helps players become more responsive to different color shades.
- Esports might slow down the aging process. problem-solving games, memory. Brain game so called puzzle game that have been said to have a positive benefit to older players. In a case study conducted to a player over 60 years of age, just 10 hours of play led to increased cognitive functioning.
- Esports might help ease the pain. Video games playing can produce an analgesic or pain-killing response in our higher cortical systems.
- Esports can make kids more active. With sports such as basketball, tennis, or even skateboarding, children can practice the skills of the same. Consequently, your kids will always be active.
- Esports can reduce str
- ess. Game playing can reduce stress. A majority study proved that players who played video games had a reduced heart rate and a lower level of adrenaline.
- Esports can help address autism Gamers using systems that incorporate the entire body to control onscreen movement be more engaged in celebrating victories with their peers, which runs counter to the lack of communication people with autism sometimes present.
- Esports can curb lousy health behaviors. Do you know a person with challenges such as smoking, overeating or drinking? He or she can refrain from that with the help of a controller. According to a university study, playing a puzzle game led to a reduction in desire to do wrong by a 24 percent reduction.
Esports have many financial benefits such as creating employment to various stakeholders in the industry E- sports create jobs to
- Organization owner
- Game programmers.
- Sponsors of the games.
- Game programmers.
- Sales and marketing specialists.
- Web programmers.
- Various Agents.
E sports also are a source of income to the government through taxes.
- Esports generally brings people together and make new connections; The emergence of online games that allow multiple players to play has become a new form of socializing.
- Esports can make one know more about history. The use of actual historical events to drive game stories is another benefit. The characters, as well as places, can then spark a child’s interest in finding out more about the culture.
Although not discussed in the above article, Sports may have some disadvantages, such as health problems such as eye problems due to prolonged exposure to computer monitor light, back problems due to long sitting hours. The isolation of issues from the outside world. But the benefits of Esport outclass the disadvantages of Esport. Hence, one can conclude that Esports are beneficial to humankind.