If Google doesn’t exist, life would be different. First there would be companies providing services that google provides, for example yahoo would be on top again as the best email provider as it was before Google came. Mobile phone companies would have their phones running on different type of operating system such as Symbian operating system for Nokia. We could be having other companies providing video services which google provides such as ROKU.
If google ceased to exist all of a sudden, there would be loss of data, loss of employment, financial loss to an organization that depend on Google for services which enable them to market their goods and services.
You can also check these products out: Top 10 Chromebook Laptop in 2020 – High Speed and Versatility
What would you do if Google Doesn’t Exist?
Loss of Communication
- If Google were to shut down without any notice, many individuals, governments, companies, businesses who rely on Google services alone such as Gmail would suffer so much. Some might shut down immediately due to lack of communication. Firstly, we would lose worlds most popular engine. We would have to find another search engine which can meet Google standards which is confusing and the loss of Gmail, Android, Chrome, YouTube, Google play store will also occur. We would also have to do without Google Maps, Google Drive, Google street view and other services supported by Google.
- Before Google existed, only people, who could afford expensive research materials were able to get knowledge about a particular domain. Today that’s not the case, all your desired and required information is at our fingertips, thanks to Google existence. Google helps one to sort out an issue and doubts without discrimination and conditioned mind. During earlier times if someone visited a professor or a scholar with a query, he would answer the question if he wished to, he or she was also the one who decided on how much information to provide to you.
- Google offers online storage known as Google Drive, it offers to its users a storage space of up to 100GB, Google users would have to either switch to OneDrive, Drive box or iCloud. Google customer would lose important data and information which they had stored in their Google respective drives.
- If Google was to shut down immediately, all android phones would become just a set of handsets. Apple would increase the price of their phones up to ten times than their current price. People would incur financial loses since they would be forced to buy new phones
- Just imagine waking up one morning, and you are not able to sign in to social sites or shopping sites, many businesses would suffer losses, People would not be able to communicate with each other, especially for those who rely on Google supported services for communication.
- Many people would lose their jobs. Google currently has over 114,096 by 2019; they work for Google in different countries all over the world. They would all become jobless in a span of fewer than 24 hours. Their families would suffer financially. Google currently pays $23 billion in taxes in USA alone. The government would lose revenue that Google pays as Tax.
- Google also sponsors other companies financially; cutting their financial aid would lead to closure and collapse of such companies.
Emergence of other companies
- If Google ceases to exist, other companies will emerge, and the existing ones could try to occupy the position they occupied before Google was invented. For example, Yahoo would maybe become the number one search engine again. Mobile phones companies such as Nokia which uses Symbian operating system would be on top again. Blackberries mobile phones would be on top too.
- The loss of Google would be a big blow to the value of the internet advertisement. Google makes its cash through selling of adverts specifically targeting companies. Google matches up to your search need with targeted adverts. For example, if you searched for a spoon, you will likely have pop up adverts with shopping options for a kitchen appliance website.
- Other search engines can do this, but they are not successful as Google. This is likely to force companies to change marketing strategy which would cost billions of monies.
- YouTube is a giant video-sharing Application. Without You Tube People would switch back to other video sharing platforms such as ROKU, which dominated before YouTube came into the market. YouTube would lose over 600 million videos in a matter of minutes.
- One would have to use other alternative navigation Applications. People would switch either to SatNav or Apple maps. Navigation would be a little difficult. Google maps have many advantages over other Map application.
- G+ is a social platform which is owned and managed by Google. Loss of google would mark the end of G+. It would leave a big gap in a lucrative social market, ripe for a business-oriented social platform.
- Google provides a catalogue of literally works known as Google books. All the academic work would be lost instantly. Also, the education publication of scholar and the online sharing space to go Google docs. For the lovers of Google office package Quick office, they will be forced to buy Microsoft Office package.
- Old search engines such as Yahoo and Alta did not have web content filters. They were easily manipulated; this will leave internet users prone to pornographic and illicit materials
It is without doubt that without Google, life would not be the same. Communication would continue since there are other email providing service companies such as yahoo. Still, they would not match the services offered by Google. The internet would be very different from what it is today, thanks to Google, but then even without google, the internet could also be accessed via other application such as internet explorer.
Users of the internet could also be using the alternative video-sharing application over the internet; Application like Roku could still be dominating in the market. If google maps never existed or ceased to exist, people can switch back to using paper-based maps, or use map application from other companies such as Apple maps from Apple. Students would be forced to work hard by looking for more reading materials. This could make them brighter since they would not only be relying on Google as the only source of information.
If Google Docs never existed, then this could be great news for Microsoft office who would dominate the market for office applications.
Search engines such as Bing would be much popular. Phones running on operating systems like Symbian, Windows and java will emerge since google would leave a huge market gap left by Google. It would give birth to new technology companies, who would be trying to penetrate the new market; they would, in turn, create new job opportunities. People would have to use alternative search engines like yahoo, ask, AltaVista or even Msn, which used to be used before the introduction of Google.