In our fast-paced lives, you need our editor’s choice of the Top 15 Best Headphones under 200 in 2018! The device you can use anywhere with ease as they serve a multitude of purposes from a full-sized earphone for listening to music to the office when used as a telephone headset.
Take it with you while on the go to your work, gym class or chat with friends online. Use them with your mobile devices or enjoy using them while playing games online. As they serve different purposes, it is important to choose a quality one preventing damage in transit while stored away or on the ears.
With our 15 best headphones under 200, you can buy one offering you the best quality sound, give you the best bass experience when you need it the most and give you both noise-isolation & noise canceling features.
- Choosing the Best Headphone for Your Individual Needs
- Review of the Best Headphones under 200 in 2018
- A Great Pair of Headphones for Relaxation
- An Open-Back Headset Designed for Music Lovers
- A Headset Designed with Style and Engineered for Music
- A Wired Over-the-Ear Headphone
- A Great Headphone to Listen to Different Genres of Music
- Designed for Long Listening Periods
- Enjoy Listening to Music without Disturbing Others
- Suitable to Use for Listening to Music and Gaming
- A Studio Headphone
- Headphones Made For the Bass Head
- One of the Best Headphones to Share with a Friend
- A Headphone Designed for the Home and Studio
- For Unmatched Performance in Sound
- For a Premium Style Headphone
- A Wired Ear Headphone
- Final Thoughts
Choosing the Best Headphone for Your Individual Needs
Buying the best headphone to suit your individual needs can become a difficult task. First, you need to know what the earphones purpose will be when using them. You can buy them in different designs from over the ear headphones that can become expensive. You can also buy pocket-friendly ones that still have amazing features but are easier to take with you compared to the over the ear ones.
As you will see with our top 15 best headphones under 200 bucks reviews, there are a great number of headsets available presenting you quality components with superb features? The headphones listed with us serve many different users from connecting them to a:
- PC for chatting to friends and family online to enjoy gaming online
- Your mobile device to get the best sound and making/receiving calls
- For the motorist keeping them safe while traveling by road when in need of answering calls
Find one to suit your needs as each one gives you a powerful bass, better isolation from ambient noise, durability, or noise canceling and much more.
Best Headphones under 200 in 2018
Review of the Best Headphones under 200 in 2018
A Great Pair of Headphones for Relaxation
1. The Beyerdynamic Pro DT-880
Need a pair of headphones for relaxing the Beyerdynamic Pro DT-880 will keep you pleased with its sophisticated design.
A Semi-Open Back Design
The Pro DT-880 has a semi-open back design, yes you heard right! What does this mean, “This means that the ear cups placed and lined with an acoustic secret to help retain a certain amount of audio energy.” This means that you can enjoy both a closed and open back earphone. Enjoy listening to your favorite music with a wonderful spherical sound from the lowest bass to the highest frequency that is crystal-clear.
Beyerdynamic Pro DT-880 Highlights:
The headband has a soft padded leather construction and you can adjust the headband
All parts of the headset is replaceable
Has a semi-open design with diffuse-field studio use
Can replace the ear pads and available in a diverse impedance range
Has a two-year warranty
Item weight is 10.1-ounces and has a dimension of 9.4 x 4.7 x 11.2-inches
An Open-Back Headset Designed for Music Lovers
2. Sennheiser Momentum
If you prefer listening to music with a closed-back designed headphone, the Sennheiser Momentum serves the right purpose when bought.
Closed-Back Over-Ear Design
Feel moved when listening to music over the Momentum with its closed-back over-ear design. The device has a stylish metal and leather construction giving it a durable and sonic distinctiveness. The metal earcups have neodymium magnet transducers for the best sound.
Sennheiser Momentum Focal Points:
- Has a metal and leather construction from the headband to the earcups
- The leather used is supplied by Pittards and is breathable and soft
- The operating impedance is 18-ohm and to connect to your audio device it has a 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Includes two audio cables, one for stereo connection and one that has a built-in smart remote with microphone to connect to your Apple device
- When used with your iOS device it has volume controls, hands-free use, and voice control
- Closed back design to isolate ambient noise
- Get a comfortable fit with the slider
- Receive extra a hard carry case, one standard stereo cable, one device cable with a ¼ -inch stereo adapter
- Delivers a frequency response of 16 – 22kHz
- Has a two-year warranty
A Headset Designed with Style and Engineered for Music
3. The Bose SoundTrue II
The Bose SoundTrue II has a stylish design and engineered for music.
For a deeper and clearer sound, the Bose SoundTrue II has an around-the-ear design. These earphones you can buy in a splash of color. The headphone has a soft padded headband while the ear cushions consist of memory foam.
Bose SoundTrue II Aspects:
- Connect the headphone with your Android and iOS devices
- Available in fresh colors
- The headband is padded and the ear cushions are made with memory foam
- Does not include ANC technology (active noise canceling)
- They are not wireless and includes a single cable to connect to different devices that are detachable for storage
- They fold flat and you receive a matching color carrying case
- Designed with an in-line mic/remote
- Enjoy subtle sounds with the TriPort technology
- Ideal to use when practicing with an instrument as it will not disturb others
- One-year limited warranty
A Wired Over-the-Ear Headphone
4. The Beats Studio 2.0
For one of the best headphones under 200, you can buy the Beats Studio 2.0 available in ten different colors.
The Beats Studio 2.0 has a lighter and more comfortable design. It looks super sexy and with the ten available color styles, you can choose one according to your lifestyle. For precision acoustic sound, the headphone has noise canceling with a rechargeable battery that gives you up to 20-hours use.
Beat Studio 2.0 Standouts:
- Designed with dual-mode ANC (Adaptive Noise Canceling) that automatically balances the sound when listening to music with your surrounding noise
- Works with a rechargeable Li-ion battery that gives you a battery use of up to 20-hours
- The headphone switches on/off automatically once you unplug the device
- View the battery use via your phone with the Battery Fuel Gauge
- With the remote talk cable, you can control your incoming calls and control the music you are listening to
- Includes Beats signature DSP software to personalize your experience when using the earphones
- Receive included with your headphones a USB 2.0 charging cable, USB power adapter, remote talk cable, 3.5 mm audio cable, a Beats cleaning cloth, quick guide, and a hard shell carrying case
- One-year warranty
A Great Headphone to Listen to Different Genres of Music
5. The V-MODA Crossfade LP
If you enjoy listening to different genres of music and need the best headphone under 200 bucks, you need the V-MODA Crossfade LP.
With the over, the ear design of the V-MODA Crossfade LP you can enjoy listening to different types of music. This outstanding headphone has 50 mm Multimodal HD drives. For a comfortable fit, they have used premium material giving it a stylish design. Choose your color style from black/chrome, gunmetal black, pearl white, phantom chrome, and rouge.
V-MODA Crossfade LP Highlights:
- For vibrant sound, the earphones has 50 mm, dual-diaphragm drivers
- Designed with memory foam ear cushion to help reduce ambient noise
- Made with lightweight Steelflex and a Kevlar-reinforced detachable cable that is great to use from the gym to the stage
- Requires no batteries and included with your purchase you receive the headphones, the 69-inch Kevlar audio cable, a carry case, and a remote/mic cable
- The audio cable is 45-inch in length and has a 3.5mm gold-plated plug
- The included cable for your Smartphone and other devices has a three-button remote/mic
- Has a one-year limited warranty with a 60-day test drive guarantee
- The headphone has a frequency response of 5 – 30,000 Hz
Designed for Long Listening Periods
6. Sennheiser HD 558
The Sennheiser HD 558 headphone has changed the world when it comes to listening music for long periods. Why, because it has an internal surround reflector.
Surround Reflector Design
For an extensive spatial sound field when listening to music and movies, the Sennheiser HD 558 has an inner surround reflector. With the E.A.R, technology incorporated into these best headphones under 200 bucks it helps to channel audio signals into the ear accurately. While the Duofol diaphragms help reduce unwanted resonances to a minimum.
Sennheiser HD 558 Traits:
- Designed with luxurious velour ear pads and headband cushion
- Has an over-ear and open back design with twist & lock single-sided cable that is tangle-free
- The cable have a gold-plated ¼ -inch plug and included is a ⅛-inch adapter
- Has an enhanced neodymium ferrous magnet system with an inner sound reflector for a rich audio sound
- Has E.A.R. (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) technology to channel audio sound into the ears, while the Duofol diaphragms reduce unnecessary tones
- In the box, you get the HD 558 headphone, a 3.5mm plug, and adapter
- Has a frequency response of 15 – 28,000 Hz
- The headphone is classified as a Circumaural type with a dynamic open transducer
- Two-year warranty
Enjoy Listening to Music without Disturbing Others
7. The AKG K550
Ever wondered how you can listen to music without disturbing others. You can with the AKG K550 close back reference headphone.
Closed Back Design
For superb sound quality, the AKG K550 has a 50mm driver and a closed back design. The headband has a 2D-axis for folding the earphones to store them and it comes at an affordable price.
AKG K550 Attributes:
- For the best listening experience, the headphone has a closed back design
- Built for high output and low frequencies with the 50mm driver
- Lightweight to wear for hours
- Designed with a 2D-axis to fold the earphones flat
- Two-year warranty
Suitable to Use for Listening to Music and Gaming
8. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
If you need a multi-functional pair of headphones, the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is exactly what you need. The best of all is that this is the best headphones for under 200 bucks.
Diffuse Filed System Design
The Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro has a closed, diffuse-field system that delivers amazing sound for critical listening, mixing, gaming, and tracking. The earphones have a durable headband with single-sided cable and soft ear cushions. Furthermore, it has a 3.5mm jack that includes a 6.35mm adapter.
The DT770 Pro Components:
- Designed with a closed, diffuse-field with Bass Reflex Technology for superb bass response and low frequencies
- Has Velour ear pads for comfort when listening to music or gaming for hours
- Can buy parts for the headphone separately
- Has a single-sided cable with soft ear cushions and includes a 3.5mm plug with 6.35mm adapter
- Available in different impedances and you receive a two-year warranty
- There is a difference between the 80-ohm and 250-ohm cable – the 80-ohm has a straight cable while the 250-ohm has a coiled cable
A Studio Headphone
9. The Shure SRH440
For a studio quality headphone, the Shure SRH440 stands out for all the right reasons.
Professional Audio Design
Although, the SRH440 is an imported product it has a professional audio design made for home and studio recording use. You can buy the Shure SRH440 in two different versions with or without a hard case.
SRH440 Quality Features:
- Includes a two-year warranty
- Has a 10-foot coiled cable that is detachable and has a ¼ -inch gold-plated adapter included
- The ear cup pads are replaceable
- Securely lock the detachable cable with the Bayonet clip
- Has a 44-ohm impedance
- Has a built-in 40mm neodymium driver with enhanced frequency response
- Closed-back, circumaural design to isolate noise
- The headbands collapsible and adjustable
- When on the go use the included carrying bag
- Includes replaceable ear cushions
Headphones Made For the Bass Head
10. The JVC HARX900
For the bass head, the JVC HARX900 headphones give enough deep bass punch with its 50mm neodymium drivers.
Ring Port Structure
The HARX900 gives you an amazing bass sound with the built-in 50mm neodymium drivers and ring port structure. The included drivers give you two different superior sound structures and the ring port structure allows for high-quality sound.
The JVC HARX900 Modules:
- Has 50mm neodymium drivers for a deep bass sound
- For comfort, it has pressure dispersion mesh padding with a ring port structure
- The drivers give two types of superior sound structures
- Has an acoustic lens structure to produce natural sound and is found in front of the diaphragm to direct and indirect sound
- Has a 11.48-foot cord made with copper and has a 6.3mm plug adapter included
- Has a frequency response of 7 – 26,000Hz with a normal impedance of 64-ohms
- One-year limited warranty
11. The Logitech UE6000
Have you ever wanted to share your headphones with a friend, with the Logitech UE6000 you can?
The Two Person Sharing Design
If you live for your music, you will appreciate the UE6000 headphone with it around-the-ear design. With the custom-tuned drivers, the earphone presents you with a wide-open sound with outstanding detail. Furthermore, the active noise canceling will keep distractions out. The best of everything is that you can share this headset with a friend with the included 2-person sharing splitter to share music from an iOS device.
The UE6000 Unit:
- Filter out ambient noise with the included active noise canceling technology
- Comfortable design as the headphone fits around the ear and has memory-foam cushions with an adjustable soft headband
- Designed with on-cord call/music control and mic
- Includes a two-person sharing splitter for friends to listen to the same music you are on your iOS device
- Available in two colors black/blue and white
- Has a wide-open soundstage
- Has a portable folding design with a zippered travel pouch
- Supports only the iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod touch and iPhone 3GS and later plus the iPad
- Has 40mm custom-made laser-tuned drivers
- The ear cushions have a 3D shape
- One-year warranty
A Headphone Designed for the Home and Studio
12. The AKG Pro Audio K77
For the perfect home and studio headphone, you need the AKG Pro Audio K77!
For a powerful sound, the K77 is an over-ear, semi-closed headphone that is perfect to use at home and at the studio. For comfort, the headphones covered with posh leatherette over the ear pads, and headband. The headband is adjustable to extend for a perfect fit.
The AKG Pro Audio K77 Features:
- For a perfect fit, the K77 has an over-ear, semi-closed design
- Includes 40mm speakers for a powerful sound and is extremely lightweight
- Available in two colors black and gray
- Included you receive a mini phono plug that fits into modern earphone ports and consists of an adapter for larger sized plugs
- Two-year warranty
For Unmatched Performance in Sound
13. The Sennheiser HD 598
If you are in need of a great pair of headphones for unmatched performance in sound, choose the Sennheiser HD 598.
Crafted with Premium Materials
The HD 598 constructed with premium material giving it a touch of class and durability to use for long periods. The headphone channels audio sound directly to your ears with the E.A.R technology and positioned on the inside of the ear cups.
HD 598 Highlights:
- Designed with premium material and has an over-ear and open back design
- The ear pads have Velour material over them for comfort
- Can be used with most audio devices from the Smartphone to tablet
- The 3m cable that includes a 3.5mm adapter plug you can detach from the headphone
- Has high-gloss burl wood emphasis with a black metal mesh
- For the best listening experience, the transducers use an aluminum voice coil
- For a more in room listening experience, the headset uses Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement Technology
- Has an impedance of 50-ohm and connects with the oxygen-free copper cable with a gold plated 6.3mm connector
- Available in black and Ivory color
- Two-year warranty
For a Premium Style Headphone
14. The Sony MDR-1R
The Sony MDR-1R is a premium style headphone that you can buy in three different models that include Bluetooth and DNC (Digital Noise Canceling.)
Designed with a Liquid Crystal Polymer Film Diaphragm
Listening to high levels of acoustic sound without internal loss needs something special and this you can find in the MDR-1R. In the headphone, they have a liquid crystal polymer film diaphragm that helps with minimal vibration and gives your music the balance it needs.
Sony MDR-1R Characteristics:
- Designed with 40mm Liquid Crystal Polymer Film diaphragms with a frequency of 4 – 80Hz
- Has comfortable ear pads with an enfolding structure to seal out noise
- For an optimum fit, the earphones has an inward axis structure
- Designed with an HD driver unit
- For a heart pumping bass sound, there are enlarged air vents found at the back of the driver unit
- Closed dynamic type of headphone
- Included with the headphone there is an in-line mic/control to take calls and listen to music with your phone
- One-year limited warranty
A Wired Ear Headphone
15. The Beats Solo 2
One of the popular headphones available online is the Beats Solo 2!
Redesigned from the Inside Out
If you are on the go at all times, you can take your music with you by using the Beats Solo 2 headphone. The earphones lightweight has a compact and durable design.
Beats Solo 2 Features:
- For balance, breadth, and clarity in sound, the Beats Solo 2 is fine-tuned and streamlined
- Has a foldable design to take the headphones with you
- With the remote talk cable, you can control the music and take calls
- You receive the earphones, a carrying case, and the RemoteTalk cable
- Compatible with all iOS devices
- Available in eleven different color styles with matching cables
- One-year limited warranty
If you are in the market for an affordable pair of headphones, you will find our top 15 best headphones under 200 in 2018 more than pleasing. Whether you need a pair for listening to music in the comfort of your home or want to use them for making calls – you will find one to suit your needs right here with us. Choose any of the reviewed earphones with us and make one of them part of your daily lifestyle as they will fit in with your daily needs.